Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Dropped too quick ?

[Bl...]

Hi 

So I’m doing the cut and hold method . I tried CT and I had the zaps and head pain , anxiety and just felt terrible so I levelled out at 10mg of Diazepam a day to taper from . After 4 days in 10mg I felt just normal. 
So I’ve cut by breaking the ten down every 10 days . I felt fine on 7mg . I’ve cut to 5mg and day four of this dose .. oh wow 😮 head and brain in a vice , dry cotton wool mouth , brain fog , absolutely no motivation. But nothing I can’t sit out as it’s not unbearable 

So if you go down too quickly and get WD should you titrate back up ? 

Or, should you stick at that dose until they pass ? 

Are we aiming for not much withdrawal? Or do we expect it with every cut ? And if we go a bit too fast and get WD symptoms is it not good for the long run for our brains to heal ? 

I will definitely hold the 5mg for as long as I can shake these WD and a bit beyond and then cut smaller now , the 10% rule . 

Any thoughts or advice much appreciated 

[Ma...]

I expect some level of WD with every cut so I’m prepared for it, and then I’m thrilled if it doesn’t happen.  I would not titrate back up if you’ve been doing a reasonable time between your 10% cuts (10-14 days). That said,  it may take a while to level out with diazepam because it has such a long half life.  So you MAY actually feel worse before you level out but you should even out within a week or two regardless.  If it were me and the symptoms weren’t too unbearable I’d try to hold and ride it out.  You’re making good progress.  

• Like 2

[or...]

As much as folks tried to help me figure things out, I found there was only one way for me and it's worked so far.  I don't write anything in stone, so to speak, I decide as I go listening to my body, then taper again.  So I taper and hold that dose.  I've learned the hard way if I taper too much, like I'm out to win some sort of race, and had do go through some nastier wd sxs.  So I found quality of life, doing what I want, and love to do every day, by micro-tapering. 

Not for everyone, but it works for me.  I didn't want to suffer, and I had already experience a CT, then a too-fast taper by an MD.  BB taught me, among other things, that everyone is different and I always recommend listening to what are body is telling us.  I've healed in amazing ways already and only halfway through my slow and steady taper.  I still have slight waves, and terrific windows that help me know I am healing.

I'm like Matt though and expect the waves will come again, so I really enjoy my windows when I get them ;) oregonlady/Denise

• Like 1

[Bl...]
6 hours ago, [[M...] said:

I expect some level of WD with every cut so I’m prepared for it, and then I’m thrilled if it doesn’t happen.  I would not titrate back up if you’ve been doing a reasonable time between your 10% cuts (10-14 days). That said,  it may take a while to level out with diazepam because it has such a long half life.  So you MAY actually feel worse before you level out but you should even out within a week or two regardless.  If it were me and the symptoms weren’t too unbearable I’d try to hold and ride it out.  You’re making good progress.  

Thanks Matt . 
That’s helpful… I’m feeling better tonight, the vice headband has gone , so I’ll see tomorrow, maybe I’m adjusting to this cut . 
But I’m determined whatever not to go back up . I so want off this cr@p , be nice to just go to sleep for a few months and be done . 
I hate the sight of them on the side waiting to be cut. Can’t wait to see the back of them . 

• Like 1

[Bl...]
6 hours ago, [[o...] said:

As much as folks tried to help me figure things out, I found there was only one way for me and it's worked so far.  I don't write anything in stone, so to speak, I decide as I go listening to my body, then taper again.  So I taper and hold that dose.  I've learned the hard way if I taper too much, like I'm out to win some sort of race, and had do go through some nastier wd sxs.  So I found quality of life, doing what I want, and love to do every day, by micro-tapering. 

Not for everyone, but it works for me.  I didn't want to suffer, and I had already experience a CT, then a too-fast taper by an MD.  BB taught me, among other things, that everyone is different and I always recommend listening to what are body is telling us.  I've healed in amazing ways already and only halfway through my slow and steady taper.  I still have slight waves, and terrific windows that help me know I am healing.

I'm like Matt though and expect the waves will come again, so I really enjoy my windows when I get them ;) oregonlady/Denise

Hi Denise 

Thanks for your input , I’m happy to hear you are getting there , usually slow and steady does win the race . 
I think I’ll hold the 5mg for longer than 10 days , maybe 2 weeks and drop to 4mg and see how I feel …. As I go lower I haven’t ruled out a micro taper from there . 
I don’t see why combining methods wont work , I’ll see how I go . 
keep on keeping on and well done on your progress, no matter how we get there it doesn’t matter , so long as we do 🙏

• Like 1

[or...]
2 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Hi Denise 

Thanks for your input , I’m happy to hear you are getting there , usually slow and steady does win the race . 
I think I’ll hold the 5mg for longer than 10 days , maybe 2 weeks and drop to 4mg and see how I feel …. As I go lower I haven’t ruled out a micro taper from there . 
I don’t see why combining methods wont work , I’ll see how I go . 
keep on keeping on and well done on your progress, no matter how we get there it doesn’t matter , so long as we do 🙏

Oh absolutely just whatever works for you so that you can have some quality of life as you go through your taper you don't have to wait till the end to hopefully feel good, good for you I'm glad I could help a little bit anyway

• Like 1

[Nu...]

Others may have better info, but do remember the half-life for diazepam is super long. Ten days isn't a long time in the diazepam world. At ten days, it's likely just clearing your body and that doesn't consider your body's own stabilization. Don't rush. Give it time. Slow is safe.

• Like 2

[Bl...]

Woke up day  four with pounding head and impending doom! 
wanted to find a way to reach , but didn’t and day 5 of the cut … woke up this morning with a bit of a pit but swept it away and got up and got on ! Went outside and actually genuinely smiled at the beautiful world around me , noticed much more and heard much more , more clarity than I’ve had in years … like taking an LSD for the first time 😂 well … a little . 
So this cut was the one I thought would be harder , because I’d dropped one time to 5mg a day to try and get off the binges and just couldn’t hack it. 
This one I did 💃 so I feel like it was a bigger milestone for me because I’d really failed at this dose on a huge drop , and I think I’ve got this for now . 
Ask me in 10 days and I’ll be a blithering mess under a duvet . 
Cutting caffeine completely has helped and alcohol, except a couple of beers now and then . 
So hopefully I’ll carry on feeling more confident to my best cut . 
Ride the storm Babycakes 🙌🙏

• Like 1