Lorzapam Taper , when should I jump

[ch...]

Hello, I have been tapering from 2mg nightly for over a year.  Had to up dose at some point which set me back but I seem to be near the end.  Can anyone tell me when is the best time to jump? I’m now at .010 nightly.  It’s been a long road with everyday feeling some side effect from this poison but super anxious to jump.  I was going to go down to zero but would anyone recommend just jumping at .05. It seems so small of an amount but yet my body feels it?  Thanks looking forward to any help 

[Re...]

Hello @[ch...], Welcome to BenzoBuddies! 

Congratulations on your year long taper, huge accomplishment itself! 

May I ask how long you have been on this dose? How are you? How has been your taper so far when it comes to symptoms? 

The recommened jumping dose - as I know, is 0.05 mg in case of lorazepam, so 0.5 mg diazepam equivalent (per Ashton). 

However, I am a bit confused. So you are taking 0.01 mg of lorazepam and wondering if you can jump at 0.005 (low doses if it is so), or are you taking 0.1 mg and asking if you should jump at 0.05? 

5 hours ago, [[c...] said:

I’m now at .010 nightly.  It’s been a long road with everyday feeling some side effect from this poison but super anxious to jump.  I was going to go down to zero but would anyone recommend just jumping at .05.

I hope our Buddies will share their thoughts and experiences soon, too! 

I wish you well, take very good care! :mybuddy:

RR. 

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
[ns...]
2 hours ago, [[c...] said:

I am on .010 when do you think a good time to jump is

Hi chrissyc, 

Congratulations on how far you've come with your taper from lorazapam! I'm trying to understand where You are, at what dose your at right now.

How many times per day do you take your dose. How much is each dose?

You said you take .010 is this mg and one x per day?

Is this pill weight?

[ch...]

The pill weight is .010 g  so almost near the end I take it once at at bedtime 

[Li...]

Hello @[ch...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

To help us get a sense of your current dose, would you please let us know:

(1) The strength of the pills you are taking?  That is, how many milligrams of lorazepam are in each pill? 

(2) The average weight of your pills.  Please be sure to include the unit of measurement you’re using - milligrams or grams.

• Like 1

[ns...]
11 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

The pill weight is .010 g  so almost near the end I take it once at at bedtime 

Hi chrissyc, wow your diung really well.

I am at .08 and I was told it's too soon and indeed it was! I jumped and only lasted 30 hrs! It wasn't fun I can tell you. 

I have many symptoms still, actually I dint get windows as windows are described. Only recently I'm having clarity in mind so I'm not sure I would jump right now.

I'm still not clear on the pill weight ratio vs ingredients. If I'm at .08, pill weight, I thought this was a very tiny amount of ingredients but evidently not. 

Hopefully someone like Libertas or Colin can stop by to answer this.

I'm sorry I'm not much help here, I thought I could be but your in the Same boat as I am I believe. 

If it were me depending on my symptoms, I would hold off a bit!

Take care 

Ns

• Like 1

[ch...]

My pills are 1mg.  The pill weight I am currently at is .010 grams 

• Like 1

[or...]

Hi @[ch...], and welcome to BB!  You've done so well, congrats!

I think it's dependent on each person, how they handled previous cuts/tapers.  Mine are very low, only .001 g from my .170 average weight of TEVA brand clonazepam, but I'm doing that about 3 times per month.  I tried a bit more, and sure enough, had more sxs.  I'm just nearing half-way on my taper.

Here's my Taper History and it's far from perfect, but you can get an idea.  I'm 71, so feel I had to be super careful, maybe too careful ;) https://benzobuddies.org/profile/243292-[or...]/?tab=field_core_pfield_34

I didn't know what the recommended jump-off point was but thanks to @[Re...] I see one recommended from Ashton Manual.  But again, every one of us is different so mostly, I listen to my body and hope it isn't lying to me ;)

I really think you'll just need to try it when you feel very stable on your present dose, or if you're at all concerned, wait til you are feeling stable, or just taper again.  I am not at anything as low as you yet, but I'm guessing that's how I'll handle it when I get there, oregonlady :hug:PS Again, welcome and so glad you found BB :balloon:

Edited by [or...]

[Li...]
2 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Got it, @[ch...]. Your pills contain 1mg of lorazepam.

How much does a whole (uncut) pill weigh? 

@[ch...]

I’ve found some additional information to help you ballpark the weight of your whole 1mg lorazepam tablets. (Remember, your tablets contain lorazepam as well as other ingredients, so the weight of the tablet will be much more than the 1mg of lorazepam in the tablet.)

A quick search revealed that @[ns...] reported the weight of 1mg lorazepam tablets from two different generic manufacturers - Teva and Leading. 

The  average weight of her Teva tablets was  0.119 grams or 119 milligrams.

The average weight of her Leading tablets was 0.121 grams or 121 milligrams.

Example:

Let’s say the average weight of your 1mg lorazepam tablets is 0.120 grams or 120 milligrams.

If you are ingesting 0.010 grams or 10 milligrams of partial tablet, your dose would be:

10 / 120 = 0.083 milligrams of lorazepam

The quit dose for lorazepam calculated using Ashton’s equivalence table is 0.05 milligrams.  However, your quit dose should be guided by your unique withdrawal experience.  For example, the “slower” taper regimen for lorazepam in the Maudsley Deprescribing Guidelines gives a quit dose of 0.02mg.

Edited by [Li...]
Clarification re: quit dose
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

[ur...]

Hi chrissy- I'm currently tapering lorazepam and am at 0.012gms. I had no valium option as my Drs won't prescribe it. Been tuff dealing with the short half life. Been using dry cut with file - two doses daily 0.006 each time. Lots of miserable symptoms.  Burning skin, muscle tension, dizziness and too many others to mention. How are yours? I wish you well.  I'm right behind you on this journey!

Urbkim

• Love 1

[ch...]

My symptoms are bad but I’m so use to them now that it doesn’t affect me much. However I’m in the emergency room with pain on my left side ovary area radiating to my back and leg. CT scan show nothing and I attribute it all to side effects of this drug.  i am at the end of a year long taper due to my withdrawal symptoms I went slow. Lots of ringing in ears, sinus symptoms. Sleep deprived but I do sleep

• Love 1

[ur...]

I'm sorry to hear about your er visit.  I get strange pains under my ribs, kidney area, etc that come and go. This drug does some wild sh-it. The dizziness, balance symptom was bad today but I did manage to get my hair trimmed this morning.  Heart palps bad too.  On a beta blocker that I hope to taper off of when this is done. I also have pretty severe insomnia,  but I had that a few months earlier. Some nights of zero sleep. I'm tapering from a .25 mg dose of lorazepam that I was taking intermittently while trying to onboard an antidepressant. Only took a single daily dose of .25 and not every day. Maybe three days a week in December. Wasn't working and read about inter dose withdrawal.  Never updosed. I don't want to drag this out too long. Eager to rid myself of this poison. Hang in there!