Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Mark Horowitz 'academic coaching'

[Ka...]
Just now, [[o...] said:

No, but you can look it up, I really don't care that much.

Great. We are all I believe quite unwell here. Thank you for stating something yesterday that  I do not recall that you cannot direct to me. 

[Co...]
21 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

No, but you can look it up, I really don't care that much.

I will be following up post with some more general comments. But a quick remark from me for now: if there is a genuine disagreement - and this is a surely a case of genuine disagreement - and a member asks for a link or reference, it is only proper and polite to supply the link. It might also help both parties to arrive at a better understanding of the other's point/position.

• Like 1

[or...]
1 minute ago, [[C...] said:

I will be following up post with some more general comments. But a quick remark from me for now: if there is a genuine disagreement - and this is a surely a case of genuine disagreement - and a member asks for a link or reference, it is only proper and polite to supply the link. It might also help both parties to arrive at a better understanding of the other's point/position.

I have no idea where the post is Colin and I am not going to stress myself out looking for it.  So I'll just say I am terribly sorry I even mentioned it now. Maybe if I feel a bit better later I'll try and find it, but what ever you do, I will totally understand.  I have respect for your rules, oregonlady

[Co...]

There are genuinely held views from all parties involved in this thread. There are issues around counselling, and withdrawal and taper coaching which affect our members. The team are aware that our members need some guidance, both in general in how to navigate these services, and for how to navigate discussion of these matters at BB.

The team has held ad hoc discussions about these matters over the past few months. But we have now also taken some input from some medical professionals over the past week or two. We hope to provide some preliminary advice to members this coming week.

• Like 1

[Ka...]
3 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

I have no idea where the post is Colin and I am not going to stress myself out looking for it.  So I'll just say I am terribly sorry I even mentioned it now. Maybe if I feel a bit better later I'll try and find it, but what ever you do, I will totally understand.  I have respect for your rules, oregonlady

Is this it?

[or...]
Just now, [[K...] said:

Is this it?

Yes, thank you, now maybe I won't get kicked off of here.

[Ka...]
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, [[o...] said:

It wasn’t me!
Please withdraw assertion & maybe an apology is in order? 

Edited by [Ka...]

[Co...]

That's OK. In which case, it would be better to state that.

I don't mean to give any of you a hard time. These discussions have become more contentious over the past weeks and months - and we rather expected it. Having said that, there have always been problems with such services over most of the time BB has operated, and these would sometimes cause fallout at BB. But the situations has rather exploded recently, with many more similar services now being offered.

Members need some guidance - and the failure to provide this is down the team. More specifically, the admins and me.

Try to relax a bit, all. There are some issues which do need addressing, we will do it in considered manner, and soon.

[or...]
Just now, [[K...] said:

It wasn’t me!

Omg, please forgive me, I never stuck up for you.

[Ka...]
Posted (edited)

This is so horrible …I am genuinely worried about you since you acted yesterday quite out of character. 

Edited by [Ka...]

[Co...]
2 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

It takes a concerted effort to be kicked off BB. Nothing in this thread remotely rises to the standard where any action like that would be even discussed. A few moderation words to this thread was all that's required.

[Co...]
4 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

I don't understand what this means.

[Ka...]

Nevertheless my character was trashed, this has been terrible & is supposed to be a supportive place.

well it’s cured my emotional blunting 

[or...]

It means that I told her I stuck up for her earlier in this thread, and she found the reply and she was right, I must have said it to someone else.

• Wow 1

[Co...]
4 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

This is so horrible …I am genuinely worried about you since you acted yesterday quite out of character. 

Too personal.

Both of you, please stop now. If you wish to contact me privately, or report posts, please do so. But this argument is derailing the thread.

• Like 1

[Co...]
2 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

It means that I told her I stuck up for her earlier in this thread, and she found the reply and she was right, I must have said it to someone else.

I see. I thought I was missing something.

Can we now draw a line under this please. That's to both of you.

• Like 1

[Co...]
Just now, [[K...] said:

Apols Colin am so sorry 

No problem. Dry, quick-fire text often leads to augments online which would not occur in the real world.

[Ka...]
Just now, [[C...] said:

No problem. Dry, quick-fire text often leads to augments online which would not occur in the real world.

I will go now 

[Co...]
Just now, [[K...] said:

I will go now 

No need for you to go. Unless you just need a break.

[Co...]
5 hours ago, [[K...] said:

Thanks all I’m so done 

It is just a small online spat. It happens all the time. And given what our members are going through, it is only surprising that it does not happen more often. And benzodiazepine withdrawal only amplifies the negative feelings associated with arguments.

Take a break - you will feel differently about it in a few hours or tomorrow.

• Like 1

[jo...]

I think we should just agree to dissagree on this. I think the original point was about benzo coaching and what is charged by some practicioners etc. There are opposing views on this clearly, but I dont think anyone really wants to have conflict about it. People are intitled to their opinions and can make informed decisions for themselves about how they feel about these things. Disscusion is good, arguing just distracts from that discussion. It's clearly become a bit of a hot potato this subject! I'm sorry if any of my posts seemed contentious, that wasn't my aim. Peace!

• Like 3

[Ka...]

I’ve never experienced anything like this I’m done here 

[Co...]
2 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

I’ve never experienced anything like this I’m done here 

You might not be ready to hear this, but it will appear differently to you tomorrow. And if not, you can use the blocking system so that you can avoid content you do not wish to read. Drop me a PM if you require any instructions.