Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Advice on splitting clonazepam dose?

[pa...]

Hi everyone,

I have been tapering down my clonazepam using a compounded liquid form. I am down to the equivalent of .44 mg(4.4mL) and have been taking the full dosage at night. I am cutting at a rate of .03 mg a week, and still have many days of annoying symptoms (heart palpitations, headache, dizziness, apathy, depression on and off) each week. I am wondering if anyone has found that their symptoms improved by splitting their dosage between morning and night. So I would take .22 mg in the morning and .22 mg at night. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice regarding this?

Also, I was having a lot of sleep problems when I first started tapering in February, so that is when I cut out my morning dose first and left my night dose to taper last. However, I have been sleeping pretty well the last couple months- but I am not sure if splitting the dosage would cause sleep problems again...this whole process is so confusing!