Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

11 Weeks - Slammed Again

Hi Everybody -

It's 11 weeks today and, generally, things have been going well.  This has been a very productive week and I got a lot done.  However, as opposed to windows and waves, I was pretty stable at about the 60% level all week - maybe a little bit better at times.  Then yesterday I woke up exhausted, with horrible anxiety, upset stomach and waves of electrical type sensations all day.  I slept well last night but today is starting off shaky too.  I always look for triggers to these situations and I did eat two huge chocolate and nut covered strawberries (mmm) right before bedtime on Thursday and was awakened by a phone call at 1 AM.  I haven't had any caffeine in two months so maybe.....  After a productive week these bad periods are especially hard.  Hope everyone has a great 4th!  Best, Billwill

You're still early. If you are having windows now I'm guessing you're already ahead of the game. Better days ahead....

[e5...]

Bill,

I'm in a huge wave now too. I was virtually symptom free for the past week and then yesterday the dizziness and panic came back full force. I'm sitting at a campground now trying not to go crazy with worry.

You're not alone in this. I'm just a bit ahead of you at 14 weeks, so were pretty close in benzo free time.

I hope this wave passes and windows open wide for us very soon.

Try to relax, and I'll do the same :)

Weeks 6 through 11 and then week 16 were horrid for me with anxiety and depression and burning spine and yuck mornings. Hang in there. This too shall pass!

Ashley

I agree with FloridaGuy, I think you are doing waaaay better than you think.  During my first 3 months I was lucky if I could manage a shower 3 time a month!  Windows prove these things are not permanent, you really are making great progress.  I know the back and forth nature of symptoms totally sucks, but that is how benzo w/d goes.

On the bright side, each time I got slammed with sx's it was followed by a great overall symptom improvement.  You may be in store for a nice surprise!

Thanks everybody!  This WAS a week of great accomplishments - first round of golf in 2 years, two early meetings for work including a 3-hour presentation to a company (first in 4 years!) and three 12 hour work days (because I have some interesting deals to work on).  So the week was a huge improvement and then BAM!!!  It really is totally counterintuitive to every other "illness" I've ever had.  I really appreciate the encouragement - it means a lot.  We'll celebrate the end of this nightmare one day Nicole!  I am at the beach again - decided to give it another try after the debacle two weeks ago.  Hope you are somewhere cooler than lowcountry SC.  Best to everybody, Bill