Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Going crazy!

10 weeks off and I thought I was making progress.  Had depression yesterday but today I have woken up and think I am going mad.  I feel totally crazy. I don't know what to do. Is this another symptom and will it settle?  I think the rapid valium taper must have messed up my mind - I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Hello Angel,

It sounds like you're in a terrible wave. Did it switch from depression to anxiety?

These symptoms come on so strong it really catches you off guard. All the feelings and emotions begin to consume you, try the best you can to not let them control you.

In time the wave should ease for you. Hang on tight, you will get through this.

Mike

Thanks for moving my thread Mike.

Yes the recent anxiety turned into deathly depression yesterday.  I cannot describe today's feelings except to say it is like my nerves are shot, I cannot think straight and feel as if I have lost my mind.  I am on the verge of checking in to a mental clinic.

This is definitely the worst feeling I have had.  I feel desperate.

I am going to try and take the dog his walk to see if it eases.

Thanks for your advice.

[ac...]

Angel,

Sorry you are going through a rough deal right now with this.

It gets frustrating, doesn't it?

Hope you feel better soon.

S#

Oh Sigma. I'm sop not well today. Anxiety back in force Now the runs. It's so hard to carry on sometimes

Dear Angel, You werent crazy before so youre not crazy now. Its the drug withdrawral. . I dont think you should check into a mental institution.

Will be hoping and praying for you.

10 weeks is prime time for a lot of people. I had to move on short notice and do my taxes right around that time and I'm not sure how I made it through. The important thing is that I did though. And you will too.

Please stay away from the hospital unless absolutely necessary. Doctors got us here in the first place and the chances of you getting one who understands this are slim. Plus they won't be able to help you without pumping you with drugs again and that isn't even a guarantee that you will feel better. You have to ride it out, there is no other way. Hope you feel better soon.

Angel,

Try and calm down sweetie...It's just a wave of cruddyness right now.  You WILL come out the other side...you WILL!!!

You think you are crazy?  I promise you, you are NOT!  crazy people don't realize they are thinking crazy or going crazy!  You are just going through a rough patch of WD, I know it is very scary and depressing, but I promise you, you will come out to the other side again..just hang on!! hang on with everything you have. We are here for you

Thanks for all you said.  I wasn't actually being serious about checking into a mental hospital. It was just how I felt this morning. But as we all know these waves pass and I did get through it.  Hey ho never a dull moment in Benzoland.

Thanks for asking. Im not so great, I have Tolerance WD for over a year now and I just started cutting (3rd try) again 8 weeks ago but am very serious about it this time. Im coming off of 6 mgs day of ativan and I figure im about halfway there. I havent cried out for help yet on these boards but lets just say that Im Holding on till I really need it.Im away from my home and kind of stuck here until I can fix this.

fighting off the demons