Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anyone have genital tingling/burning or bladder issues?

Hey Buddies!

I have been off K for some time, but started having really odd feeling in my penis/bladder yesterday.

I have no obvious sores or discharge, and it doesnt really hurt to go to the bathroom - it is just a constant sort of hold/ cold feeling.

I had some tests done today but wont know the results until tuesday - doctor seemed to NOT think it was STD.

I was hoping I could find some others with bladder or genital issues during w/d.

I have never had this feeling before.

thanks,

M

Hey Buddies!

I have been off K for some time, but started having really odd feeling in my penis/bladder yesterday.

I have no obvious sores or discharge, and it doesnt really hurt to go to the bathroom - it is just a constant sort of hold/ cold feeling.

I had some tests done today but wont know the results until tuesday - doctor seemed to NOT think it was STD.

I was hoping I could find some others with bladder or genital issues during w/d.

I have never had this feeling before.

thanks,

M

Hi M,

My bladder and passing urine has felt strange for quite some time.  I do not have a UTI nor an STD (faithful relationship for 6 1/2 years) - no burning/cramps -it's more just like a hightened awareness  of "peeing".  My bladder often feels full when it's not, or passing urine feels hot - it's just like a hyper-awareness of things down there.  I'm still tapering, but I wouldn't be surprised if the strange feelings you have down there have something to to with withdrawal.  At any rate, it was still a good idea to have things checked out with you doctor.

Sara

I "suffered" with benzo boner for a while, it was one of the less bothersome symptoms, but yes my bladder has often gone into spasm but not for long.  There used to be a feeling of still peeing even after finished, (no it wasn't the clap).  I still get the occasional spasm, but lasts only seconds.

thanks for the response everyone

Its hard to explain what I have been feeling but would say it sort of feels like a "fan" is blowing on my genitals. Its not uncomfortable when I urinate (no blood, no sores, no nothing) but I am urinating much more often with less urine. I am sort of worried about these test results bc my biggest fear is having to take a antibiotic that would cause a flare up.

Am I being dumb by not thinking this could be w/d related? Never really felt this before.

M

i have felt like i have had a bladder infection this entire month of wd.  there is a burning when i have to go.  there was a stream on here a few weeks ago and someone said they felt that way and had no infection.  frequent urination is a wd sympthom i read on here.  i am taking antibiotics but my lab work is not been yet.   i guess it could be the nerve ending thing.  crazy.

I had a constant sort of "awareness" of needing to go. It kinda burned but was more just sensitive, and I would go to the bathroom and not have needed to go as badly as I thought. I read either on Ashton or in another book that symptoms of a UTI can be benzo withdrawal. Of course, I only read this after I went to the doctor to get checked out and came back normal. I just couldn't believe that it was withdrawal related, but it was.

ashley

Thanks for raising this issue, M. I think we tiptoe around this on the forum, but if everything else on your body feels weird during w/d, then why not down there!

I'm definitely having burning and irritation in that region. Going to (another) gyne on Wed for more testing. Regardless of whether I have an infection or not, I'm sure it's benzo related (hormones, ph etc out of whack).

Helpme123 has severe burning, including in the genitals.

Also people have mentioned anxiety "going to the genitals". I guess you'd have to feel it to know what it is. Hope4us and at least one other person that I can't recall right now.