Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Menstral Cycle...not loving it so much lol

I know this has been mentioned before...but do you women find it worse during/after your period?  I am so panicky these past 24 hrs and just need reassurance.  The s/x are through the roof for about 10 days...I'm just going into that now and this first day has been really tough...it will be my last period during my taper as I am going to be benzo free on July 19th!  Will this continue after my taper is done?  Or do things get slowly better and eventually I won't have issues (or at least this big of issues) during my period?  We have friends coming from Amsterdam the first 2 weeks of August and i will be benzo free during that time...but only 2 weeks benzo free.  AND my period will come during that time, so I'm concerned I'll be a mess in front of them.  I know it's hard to say how I'll be as this is so individualized.  I am just full of nerves right now and I feel like I am full of worries and questions.  thank you SO much for taking the time to read.

Hugs,

Schatje 

My period has definitely been a b%#ch in benzo withdrawal! It got a lot more painful/crampy, and I became a lot more emotional. I will say that my period was a lot worse during my taper than it has been post benzo. However, my period stopped completely for three months when I got down to 1mg of Valium through jumping off. I had read another poster who said that her withdrawal was always at its worst during her period.

For me, I have a little worse anxiety and bad acne (which I have never had) on the few days before my period. Then, I'm fine during my period and for a few days after that. Then, about a week after I start my period, I have a week that is just horrid with depression and terrible morning yuck. Oh, the joy of being a woman!

Ashley

I used to develop RLS during my period for 4 months last year. After that stopped then I started getting stomach pain. All the problems would start 4 or so days before my period and end about 3 days into it. Menstruation and PMS are definitely triggers for a lot of us. In fact, those are my biggest sx spikes.

That is the worst period of a month, few days before and during period. I get so anxious and panicky. Especially cause I had some gynaecological problems 4 yrs ago but I can't forget them. I am scared just thinking about my period. I hope that will pass after w/d.

Good luck

Marija

I didn't taper, but my period has been tough thru w/d.  I missed periods, but the worst parts for me were ovulation (anxiety and little sleep) and then PMS for a week before my period.  During and after weren't bad for the most part.  Although last month, I had very little PMS and my sx's were rough during my period.  It's like our hormones go crazy trying to reset or something.  Hopefully when your friends come, things won't be so bad.  Each month varies for me.

So wonderful to be a woman........Yes, my s/x's get worse when I actually have a period.  Last month I actually had a period and it was terrible.  I was walking back inside my house, it was raining, and a little frog was on the walkway and was laying on his back, DYING, I swear.  I ran in the house and called my husband crying about what to do.  I went back out and he was GONE.  I was going crazy.  This month I didn't even have a period.  If I think ahead of what I need to do or what I have planned, I try to not think where I am in my taper and if I am going to feel bad.  That just causes me rev up my nervous system and will most likely make things worse.  I was really really sick a few days ago and did not want to be around anyone because my heart was just pounding, a neighbor came over, I sat on the porch and talked to him and it was not so bad.  I think in the end it helped me.  I believe there is more power and strength within ourselves when we HAVE to do something or are surrounding by people or places that we THINK we need to hide from.  I wouldn't think about it and take each day as it comes and sometimes each minute.

Hang in there Girlie!!!

You have come a long way and almost free!!!!

Renee