Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

help with Klonopin taper?

[...]

[5a...]

ajm523,

I suggest what Crono suggested, maybe you can split the 0.125mg, and then go from there.

You may benefit from titration as well.

So I should probably stay at least another week at 0.25 mg?  When will I know when I'm ready to cut again?  Will my withdrawal symptoms have gotten better?

Can I try cutting down to 0.125 mg/day in about a week, and see how I feel, and then use titration if I feel that cut is too much?

[5a...]

So I should probably stay at least another week at 0.25 mg?  When will I know when I'm ready to cut again?  Will my withdrawal symptoms have gotten better?

Can I try cutting down to 0.125 mg/day in about a week, and see how I feel, and then use titration if I feel that cut is too much?

So I should probably stay at least another week at 0.25 mg? 

From what I read, yes until you stabilize.

When will I know when I'm ready to cut again?

You have to listen to your body on this.

Will my withdrawal symptoms have gotten better?

Some people, the lower they go, the better they feel, but I'm not sure how to answer this, as everyone differs.

Thanks for all the advice.  I'm about to take my nighttime 0.125 mg in a minute and go to bed within the hour.  Will update tomorrow as to how things are going.

I'm hoping that maybe the last couple days and right now are the worst of it, and then as I stabilize at 0.25 and go down from there it'll get better, but we'll see.  Considering just over a week ago I had several mg of Klonopin built up in my system and now I'm down to < 1 mg the withdrawal symptoms are understandable, and maybe the smaller cut won't bother me as much.  We'll see.

The way I feel right now I can't imagine what it would have been like to go off cold turkey -- no idea why the doctor thought I could do that!  Good thing there's support out here and I knew better -- even my friend who has little to no knowledge of benzos told me yesterday that I needed to come off very slowly!