Typical Benzo Afternoon-All this and the toilet too:

[kn...]

It's a typical Sunday afternoon around here.  I'm sitting around, wrapped in blankets, freezing to death.  I've got the nervous tingling, leg pain and weakness, nausea.  Can't breathe much at all.   The whole thing.  You know what I'm talking about.  Somebody reports that the toilet isn't working.  I do. Not. Feel. Like. Moving. But, one thing you gotta have is a working toilet.  Take up my benzo cane.  Don't tell me that a lot of you haven't acquired one too.  Drag my sorry self in and extract the guilty part.  Bundled in winter coat, hat, et al.  Ask my wife to drive as I can't even think about trying to navigate to the hardware store.  Turns out the plumbing parts are at the end of aisle 48, at least 100 yds from the entrance.  The store is the size of a sports arena.  I find the part and  grab a cart; not to carry stuff, but to lean on as I make my way to check out.  I'm nearing the end of my ability to be upright at a given time.  Self check out is the only option.  They've laid off all the cashiers. More standing.  I pay up and move outside.  The handicapped parking spaces are at the far end of the lot. How convenient.  Yes, I now qualify for a handicapped permit.  Pick one up for yourself.   Back in the auto and home to replace the offending part.  Toilet works.  Good thing because I have to do the thing that most of us need to do at least fifty times a day.  Guess what that might be??????

• Haha 3

This made me laugh, but I am not sure you meant it to be funny!  A day in the life of someone going through benzo withdrawal.  Sadly, all too familiar for most of us.  I haven't gotten a benzo cane yet, but there are certainly days I could have used one.  Keep on showing up even if it does involve fixing a toilet!!!!

• Like 1

Thank you for giving me a good chuckle, @[kn...]. I know you’re suffering but the fact that you can find humor in it and share your humor with others is admirable. 

• Like 1

You did good @[kn...], you fixed the toilet and made me laugh, you're a sweetheart.  Thanks for trying to put a lighthearted spin on this misery. :smitten:

• Like 1