Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I NEED SOME ADVICE

[Iw...]

Ive been tapering with valium since 80mg down to 14.0 now and having real trouble tapering the smallest amount....so now Im doing titration and still having trouble, i have more insomnia now than ever, i wake up at 4 am cant go back to sleep and take my morning dosage lk around 7 am (which im tapering ryt now and leaving my night dosage), but when i wake up i have crazy hunger, bad anxiety, and vomiting constantly....I do start to feel better once i take my night dosage which is around 7 pm....ok so my question is could my body be tolerant to valium already? Should i make a switch over to klonopin and get off with that, since im having so much trouble with valium?? Or should i increase my valium dosage in the morning which is around 6.5mg (titration) and night 7.5mg, and take lets say 8.0 mg in the morning and 6.0 at night?? I dont know i need help on what to do? Asking my doctors are idiots and telling me to just taper all this off in 3 weeks which is crazyyy  :idiot:....Please any advice would be helpful...Thank you

Hi Iwill:

You mentioned waking up with hunger -- benzo WDs can cause hypoglycemic symptoms, i.e., hunger, anxiety, waking up, etc.  I still am drinking milk or eating crackers and cheese before I go to bed.  Also, I keep grahm crackers or applesauce on my nite stand and eat when I wake up in the middle of the nite.  Helps me to get back to sleep and keep the blood sugar levels steady.  

Have you thought about increasing or taking all your dose at bedtime?   Might help you with sleep and the food might help you with the hunger and anxiety issues.  

Just some thoughts from my benzo brain and what I tried that seemed to help me. :thumbsup:

God bless,

Rocko

Ive been tapering with valium since 80mg down to 14.0 now and having real trouble tapering the smallest amount....so now Im doing titration and still having trouble, i have more insomnia now than ever, i wake up at 4 am cant go back to sleep and take my morning dosage lk around 7 am (which im tapering ryt now and leaving my night dosage), but when i wake up i have crazy hunger, bad anxiety, and vomiting constantly....I do start to feel better once i take my night dosage which is around 7 pm....ok so my question is could my body be tolerant to valium already? Should i make a switch over to klonopin and get off with that, since im having so much trouble with valium?? Or should i increase my valium dosage in the morning which is around 6.5mg (titration) and night 7.5mg, and take lets say 8.0 mg in the morning and 6.0 at night?? I dont know i need help on what to do? Asking my doctors are idiots and telling me to just taper all this off in 3 weeks which is crazyyy  :idiot:....Please any advice would be helpful...Thank you

Hi IwillnIcan:

Most of the symptoms you are reporting are ones I also had to deal with.  I also had problems with early morning wakening, something that went on for months.  It's still not fully resolved yet.  There is really no way to know for sure that it's the Valium you are reacting to, though it could be.  More likely, it's just plain old withdrawals.  You could try to move your dose around a bit as you suggest, but ultimately you have to stay the course.  It it were me, I wouldn't go back to the Klon.  Hang in there.

Draftsman

draftsman thanks for the water titration method but i cant do it unfortunately.... when i was dry cuttin i had hell for 3 days n then good days with titration im having bad days everyday! its too much and cutting is getting to extreme im calling detox places see what they tell me cuz i need off this as im getting desperate!  ive only been taking for a year and half ive had friends taking for more than 3 years and hes been detoxed twice n got off ok after first and 2 month.... :'( im getting desperate and cant see myself tapering for another 6-8 months of this torture  :'(

Draftsman has good sugestions.  Also consider string cheese to keep by the bedside its wrapped in its own individual container.  My personal opinion, Late night eating -Protiens good slow steady conversion to sugar  Sugars bad, they first spike high and then crash, always avoid alcohol.  But everybodys body is different.