Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Just joined

[Lo...]

Hi, after being on klonopin for approx 8 years, I've been experiencing adverse symptoms, the most bothersome extreme fatigue, joint pain and extreme forgetfulness.  I have tapered down to .25 but hard to give that up as if I don't, I can't sleep. 

[23...]

Lookingahead,

Welcoming you to BenzoBuddies.

What mg of Klonopin have you tapered down from?

You will find plenty of support here.

Sigma.

Welcome Lookingahead.

I was on a lot of meds before I decided to get off everything.  I think I chose to get off the benzo last because of the insomnia.  After I did it I did have insomnia, but it was short lived and now I fall asleep naturally, something I swear I thought I would never be able to do again.  I think you will find a lot of support and encouragement here as I did.  There are really a lot of great people here.

I was on lexapro, elavil and .5 klonopin for years. Got myself off the lexapro and elavil and stayed with the klonopin. After feeling the negative effects and doing research on line, I realized it was side effects from the benzo.  My dr suggests that I go back on elavil since I suffer w fibromyalgia and insomnia (among other things), but don't think that's the route I want to go.  I'm home for the summer so thought this wld be a good time to taper off.  Sure is hard working when suffering with anxiety and other nasty side effects. 

Thanks perserverance. I think it's great that u got yourself off of all meds.  That's for the encouragement.

I'm glad you've got the summer to get off of the Klonopin, just be sure and keep yourself busy, distraction from our symptoms really helps.  I'm glad you figured out what was causing your problems, and most of us have figured out that taking more drugs doesn't help, it just adds to our problems, so good for you for thinking twice about the Elavil.