Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  447 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Do we "desensitize" with time even if we're still symptomatic?

[It...]

I'm curious - does anyone know people who have had serious medication sensitives or setbacks who went on to be able to handle certain medications the further out they got, when they had problems with them earlier in wd? 

I'm 4+ years off and although I'm doing relatively quite well the thought of another life altering setback is still terrifying to me. 

I would not be shocked if I had years more ahead of me where I'm symptomatic and I've come to terms with this, especially because the vast majority of the time it's manageable. It's the thought of reacting to another antibiotic like I did over 2.5 years ago (that I'm still fighting symptoms from) that bothers me the most. 

Could I potentially handle certain meds down the road if I absolutely had to take something even if I'm not "healed" yet? 

I know many people in wd handle these meds just fine, but what about those of us that at one point had major issues with medication sensitives? I know there's no crystal ball but I'd love it if anyone had knowledge or experience with their own or others personal stories. 

Thanks ♥️

I've seen recommendations of zero alcohol for at least 2 years but that's about it. I have zero plans to ever drink again...

The future is unknown and I'm sure most of us have the same questions you do. 

In my future, when possible, I plan to search this site to research future medication recommendations.  I trust testimonies more than what the salesmen say.

It will still come down to the individuals choice though. Educate and gut feeling is the best we have.

Considering to accept or deny medical treatment in the form of pharmaceuticals feels like playing the roulette wheel. Where it will land nobody knows. 

I thought I had become less sensitive over the last 3.5 years but now I'm the worst setback I've ever had.