Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  447 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Exertion related flare.

[Ro...]

Has anyone personally experienced a setback from exercising, long drives or just general exertion? 
I’m almost a decade off and stupidly pushed my nervous system to breaking point and am now in disbelief that exertion can feel as bad as others describe an antibiotic setback. 
This illness is no joke! I’m not sure we can ever let our guard down. 😢

Edited by [Ro...]

Jenn Leigh went through this around 6 or 7 years off. I think she's fine now and can do whatever she wants to, but it took a few months. Same thing happened to Matt Samet, I think. I'm pretty sure he's ok now, too.

Yes, I recall Jen and Matt having setbacks. What’s disconcerting is I’m so many years off. Thank you for responding. 

Rosalind from Beating Benzos has had several setbacks and she's 11 years off, I think. I just means you're not 100% healed yet. I'm sure at some point you'll stop reacting to stuff. Sorry you've been in it for so long, though.

• Like 2

Yes I have setbacks from overexertion (and even worse ones if I get super stressed over something). It usually happens when I get irritated by the need to pace and I think "screw it, I'm just going to do such and such." Then wham-o! :LOL:They don't last super long though, so I try not to place too much importance on them. I just think of it as a momentary 'oops' and as information. 

Cheers,

Pickle