Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

help so many questions

so many questions      does anybody have a job while going through this withdrawl?    why do i start feeling better towards late afternoon?

cant figure out best time to take 1mg. of valium.  if i take before i go to bed i get almost no deep sleep (have a zeo which tells you about your sleep)   i can fall asleep just constantly wake up  have been taking a little of ambien to put me back it will get me an extra hour each time.  The 1 mg. seems to do nothing  

Is 1mg. of valium a large amount thinking of just  jumping now.  has anyone done that with success.

Sorry for all my jibber but i am stressed.   How does everyone  deal with the anxiety?      Thanks

I'm 3 1/2 weeks off Valium, and I have always, througout my taper and afterwards, felt much better later in the day. This is very often reported here.

1 mg of V. is not a large amount, but the general recommendation is to jump off at .5 mg. I went further, to 2 mg.

Of course your stressed! But do remember that things get better.

You'll find good support here at BenzoBuddies.

Nov

so many questions      does anybody have a job while going through this withdrawl?    why do i start feeling better towards late afternoon?

My theory on feeling better towards the afternoon is that your cortisol is the highest in the morning and so that makes us feel more anxious and the anxiety ramps up symptoms. I always feel better and better the farther away I get from the mornings.  

Is 1mg. of valium a large amount thinking of just  jumping now.  has anyone done that with success.

You would be fine to jump from 1 mg valium. Congratulations for making it to the end!

Sorry for all my jibber but i am stressed.   How does everyone  deal with the anxiety?      Thanks

Personally I do deep breathing and exercises, I think exercising is one of the best ways for me, distraction is always good too. Another thing I've done is eliminate sugar and caffeine from my life, that seems to help too.

I worked all the way through my tolerence withdrawal, taper and recovery - not easy, but I, along with many other buddies, did it  :)

And the reason you feel better towards the late afternoon is probably because your cortisol levels have begun to drop after the morning ramp/high.

I've managed to keep working through this. I guess it depends on your job but I found it very helpful to go to work and keep busy. It has been a distaction. I hate being at home alone. That's when my thoughts start to get the best of me. Also, many people here have experienced what is usually called "Morning Anxiety". I've had it for a while and it just let up in the past couple of weeks. (I hope) I would feel pretty good later in the day and at bed time (thank god) but as soon as I woke up my heart was beating hard, I had no appetite and lots of anxiety which would slowly fade through the day.

I have been able to keep my job through this, however the mistakes I keep making because not feeling well and unable to concentrate are not helping my job performance and hearing about it all the time.  But have to pay the bills. Just so hard to keep focused.

I beleive Ambiem is similar - but my thinking is get off the Klonopin first, mostly because of such a high dosage, then taper off the Ambiem.