Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  447 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Emotional wreck

[le...]

Does anyone else literally cry all day, just need some hope it will stop. No triggers or reason fir it. I have just started an AD have read they can make you feel worse at first. Also was admitted to hosp few weeks ago was very traumatic been lot worse since then. Sorry to keep posting, but literally can’t go on like this much longer, just need to know if anyone else feels this bad the crying only stared few months ago, whether it’s all the stress from my family who knows. Don’t what would be the best therapy fir this as seem be lot different types.

I wonder if you stopped trying all sorts of additional psych meds, your body might calm down some. Those meds can also cause these things. Really, your body needs to heal in order for you to feel better and instead of leaving well enough alone and letting your body do that, you keep taking things your body is telling you it doesn't like. I guarantee you are no worse off than the rest of us. I cry all the time, too. It started a couple years ago. Others have mentioned this symptom and I'm sure it's on the lists of symptoms floating around here and there.

Protracted is depressing and hard and we're all in a similar boat. Really the best way to get through this is to try and eat ok, try and get even a little walk every day if you can handle it, distract like mad, lean on your support system, and wait it out. I'd stop taking a bunch of things and trying to "fix" this in that way because it's obviously making things worse. 

Unfortunately, recovery is mostly about waiting. You dig deep into your coping skills and try to care for yourself well and eventually things will get better. I'm having a hard time right now, too, and I'm a fixer...I want an action plan...some actionable goals...but one of the hardest things to learn in this is that you can't do anything to magically fix it. I can do certain coping skills to take the edge off sometimes, and towards the end the brain retraining stuff has helped a few people I know, but it's otherwise a waiting game. It sucks, but you're going to feel like crap until you start to feel better and the more you fight reality, the worse you're going to feel.

Also, if you can find a good therapist you trust and who will accept where you are and what you're going through, they're good for support. But most of the tools aren't going to work well until you feel better. Angie Peacock has a good video up on YouTube about this. 

Edited by [Ch...]
Forgot something
  • Like 1

Sorry, Leann.  i do understand how you feel.  I was in anguish last night and wailing in my bedroom.  My suffering is bad.

12 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I wonder if you stopped trying all sorts of additional psych meds, your body might calm down some. Those meds can also cause these things. Really, your body needs to heal in order for you to feel better and instead of leaving well enough alone and letting your body do that, you keep taking things your body is telling you it doesn't like. I guarantee you are no worse off than the rest of us. I cry all the time, too. It started a couple years ago. Others have mentioned this symptom and I'm sure it's on the lists of symptoms floating around here and there.

Protracted is depressing and hard and we're all in a similar boat. Really the best way to get through this is to try and eat ok, try and get even a little walk every day if you can handle it, distract like mad, lean on your support system, and wait it out. I'd stop taking a bunch of things and trying to "fix" this in that way because it's obviously making things worse. 

Unfortunately, recovery is mostly about waiting. You dig deep into your coping skills and try to care for yourself well and eventually things will get better. I'm having a hard time right now, too, and I'm a fixer...I want an action plan...some actionable goals...but one of the hardest things to learn in this is that you can't do anything to magically fix it. I can do certain coping skills to take the edge off sometimes, and towards the end the brain retraining stuff has helped a few people I know, but it's otherwise a waiting game. It sucks, but you're going to feel like crap until you start to feel better and the more you fight reality, the worse you're going to feel.

Also, if you can find a good therapist you trust and who will accept where you are and what you're going through, they're good for support. But most of the tools aren't going to work well until you feel better. Angie Peacock has a good video up on YouTube about this. 

I went several years not taking anything nothing improved. Think the stay in hospital triggered this, god knows what drugs they put into me, Just come to the conclusion we don’t all heal. Just got no idea what type therapist to try, very expensive trued 2 dudn’t help. Did Google it and said emotional trauma from past can trigger constant crying which think is what causing mine,

If you want to keep telling yourself that, go for it, I guess. I know a lot of people further out than you who have healed and a lot of people who were still having a really hard time at your timeframe, myself included. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, [[C...] said:

If you want to keep telling yourself that, go for it, I guess. I know a lot of people further out than you who have healed and a lot of people who were still having a really hard time at your timeframe, myself included. 

Not posting on this anymore, thanks Becks for your sympathy, just wanted bit support not to be criticised, got enough bad vibes in my life, but thanks Becks know you have had bad time.

Not sure if you already tried, but if I were you, instead of trying psychiatric meds, I would give psilocybin a try.

Seeing documentaries and hearing people talking about how it made positive changes to their brain, tells me there is something to it about that rewiring of the brain and creating new pathways, that they are talking about...

Leann, don't let one unsupportive and insensitive comment keep you from posting.   I'm here to support you.  I share your same mental torment about your family.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Leann, don't let one unsupportive and insensitive comment keep you from posting.   I'm here to support you.  I share your same mental torment about your family.   

There's nothing I said that was insensitive or unsupportive. If she keeps taking things and they're making her sicker, she needs to stop. A lot of us can't tolerate psych meds and studies show they usually don't work anyway, except to give us side effects. I get she's looking to take the edge off...we all are...but there's not always a solution to that except caring for ourselves the best we can, distracting, and waiting it out. I have the same symptoms she's describing and was validating that. I have family stress, too, that makes things harder.

None of that was insensitive at all, though maybe it was something she didn't want to hear. It bothers me that I can't take something or do something to magically fix this, but learning that is part of recovery.

• Like 2

On 15/02/2024 at 06:43, [[B...] said:

Thanks Becks, appreciate your compassion and understanding..  A lot of people on here take anti depressants to help with withdrawal and they help them. Sadly didn’t work for me, everyone is different in their symptoms and degrees of suffering. I think I’m worse at moment because had to go to hospital recently as was close to collapsing or going into a coma so god know what stuff they were pump into me.