Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I need some encouragement........

[re...]

Hi guys!

I am starting to freak out a little.......I am down to 7mg of V (I take 1mg in the morning and 6mg at nite), I was going to take my 1mg cut this next time to 5mg at nite and keep the morning dose at 1mg.  BUT cutting both doses just STRESSES me out.  I was planning on ridding myself of the morning dose when I got to a total of 5mgs but I am considering to just go to the 6mg at nite next cut.  I AM SO SCARED TO TAKE AWAY MY MORNING DOSE.  I have been at this for 7 months.  My body is use to the morning dose but I know I have to get rid of it soon.  When reading Ashton it looks like at 5mg to cut that morning dose but I just hate dry cutting, it never seems to be accurate.  I know V has a long half life.  TELL ME I WILL BE OK......................I hate to be negative but its so hard.......... :-[

SOMEDAY, I am going to be a inspiration to everyone, I PROMISE.

Renee

You will be OK renee. Seriously. I think I can speak for everyone when I say that making a reduction during a taper is scary, at least with me my first reduction was (I only made one so far so I'm batting a thousand in that regard).

I'm tapering off of a "stabilized" 1 mg. of Ativan. I've only been "on" it for a short time (May 17th) and am making .25 mg reductions which I find is more aggressive than what is usually recommended here and am only into Day 5 of my first reduction but when I started my taper I was quite nervous. I was stepping into uncharted territory and leaving my "safe" 1 mg behind. I think that's only natural, especially when you, like me, are committed to getting off our benzo (think of how many people aren't here or in like-minded forums and are content with popping their benzos ad infinitum). We fear that if it's too rough we'll crash & burn taper-wise and/or are too "weak" to conquer our dependancy.  That's not the case! We can rely on the fine folks here for advice & support - they been there, done that - and when you think of it you've already made gains against your benzo. These gains are yours and can't be taken away. I'm not experienced enough to give you technical advice but think it's important not to be too hard on yourself. I didn't know what to expect with a 1/2 pill cut and braced for an Ativan "counter-attack". I wasn't going to let it deter me from my goal though even if I had to take a step back and re-organize. My advice is to take the next step when you're ready and, if you think it's too steep a step, take a smaller step. You'll get there.  :)  

[bf...]

renee,

For me, it took a few weeks to get use to taking away from the am dose.

You can do it, and yes, you will be okay.

My morning dose was 20mg of Valium, but I tapered from it, and spread the doses out.