Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Teeth shifting

My teeth have moved and shifted throughout my taper and after jumping off. 

has other people had their teeth shift. It’s very, very difficult to believe it, but it has happened. I heard this lady Geraldine Burns? Talk about her teeth shifting badly.

This drug really altered my body and mind. People think I’m a crazy woman because I say benzodiazepines affected my teeth, eyes, hair, nails and skin, just to name a few. Not to mention my moods, tastebuds, and motivation.

Parents think I need other psych drugs now because it’s been 5 months and I’m not all better but new things keep popping up.

God, please help me.

• Like 2

Hello @[Kr...] you are most definitely not crazy.

Benzos have such a wide ranging influence to many bits of us there’s not much they don’t impact. In late 2022, a dental restoration/implant came loose & I went to have it put back. Not sure if that’s shifting as such. A few weeks ago the whole thing has come completely away. I think this tooth issue is somehow related to the benzo use - and I have burning mouth syndrome too. It’s like the nerve endings are affected. 
I believe this tooth shift you notice is just another WD symptom sent to try us. 5 months is good to be off so that’s very positive. 

• Like 1

Yes. And so bizarre about even your taste buds. Crab Cakes were my absolute favorite food for my entire life. Cannot even stomach them now 🥹

I have full implants and now have to return for surgery and realignment. My hair broke off and is still falling out; my skin has aged 20 years.

Full system impact. HOWEVER, those before us all say everything heals. Remember that 🤞🤞🤞!

• Like 1

Benzos and withdrawing from them causes lot if inflammation. I had terrible teeth and gum pain, teeth broke off at the gum line, receding gum lines all while on benzos. Oddly enough, all these are improving since withdrawing. I had no idea at the time benzos were the culprit. Using and withdrawing can settle anywhere in your body, I don't doubt your teeth have shifted and moved. Too much Glutamate is behind all these teeth troubles. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, [[K...] said:

has other people had their teeth shift. It’s very, very difficult to believe it, but it has happened. I heard this lady Geraldine Burns? Talk about her teeth shifting badly.

This drug really altered my body and mind. People think I’m a crazy woman because I say benzodiazepines affected my teeth, eyes, hair, nails and skin, just to name a few. Not to mention my moods, tastebuds, and motivation.

Parents think I need other psych drugs now because it’s been 5 months and I’m not all better but new things keep popping up.

God, please help me.

I personally haven't experienced anything like this but there is a girl on my local forum whose teeth did shift because of the withdrawal, so sure  you're not alone here, although it's really difficult to believe... She's 2 years off now and ok-+. Hope it will help you to live through the dark time of wd. Good luck!)

• Like 1

On 12/02/2024 at 00:05, [[K...] said:

God, please help me.

I understand. Mine too. I am experiencing every single thing you are. I’m at 18 months. It’s truly unbelievable and I feel I sound insane or that I’m looking for excuses to just tell people why I’m so f’ed up.cant exercise either. Fatigue and dizziness are an understatement. As well as burning brain and absolutely astounding anxiety depression and internal agitation.

6 hours ago, [[r...] said:

I understand. Mine too. I am experiencing every single thing you are. I’m at 18 months. It’s truly unbelievable and I feel I sound insane or that I’m looking for excuses to just tell people why I’m so f’ed up.cant exercise either. Fatigue and dizziness are an understatement. As well as burning brain and absolutely astounding anxiety depression and internal agitation.

Thank you @[ro...]

I feel exactly the same. I’m often feel ashamed to speak honestly about how horrible I feel. It’s like I’m sealed in this clear plastic container looking out and screaming for help, but nothing can break me free. Mentally, there is an invisible weight constantly clouding my perceptions.

i can’t even cry or scream, im desperately trying to communicate but there is a dead zone between me and the outside world. It does feel like a form of brain damage.  The hardest thing is staying alive to get to the other side of this. This depth of suffering is not something I ever could have imagined.

Sending you love and strength. ❤️

• Love 1

Was at the dentist today.

all my teeth have moved and the crowns are popping off often.

gums receding and teeth can get painful out of nowhere. 

Nightime clinching and grinding always and my tongue always feels off and tense in my mouth.

truly, unbelievable stuff.

Widesky: Went through major dental work from the poison. Decay everywhere. Even the dentist who I've seen for years couldn't figure why I was so bad. This drug doesn't discriminate. It ruins your whole body. Asked the dentist if there was a way to leave my mouth to my kids because it was worth so much. He laughed.

• Haha 1