Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Dr. Josef Witt-Dorreing?

I have watched several of his YouTube videos, and he serves patience where I live.
My question is,Has anyone used his services? And if so, was he helpful?

Or is he a YouTube influencer scammer ?

I would love to hear anyone’s stories or experience. Thank you so much!

Edited by [Ma...]

There is a good thread Jan 19.

if you use search function (last month) & search by Josef it will come up. 

see next post for the link 👇

Edited by [Ka...]
  • Like 1

Hello @[Ma...].  I am aware of three members who have actually worked/are working with Dr. Witt-Doerring.  One of them wrote about his experience here:

• Like 1

I’m asking because there just is a doctor where I live that is qualified to supervise a slow taper. I told my PCP I am having interdose withdrawal and his solution was to up my dose which is not the answer. And Psychiatrists are very hard to find willing to help.

3 hours ago, [[M...] said:

I’m asking because there just is a doctor where I live that is qualified to supervise a slow taper. I told my PCP I am having interdose withdrawal and his solution was to up my dose which is not the answer. And Psychiatrists are very hard to find willing to help.

Sorry you’re experiencing interdose withdrawals. They were absolute hell for me. 

Hopefully I can provide you with some insight here.

I actually first began working with Dr Josef’s wife, Marissa, while Dr Josef worked with other patients. They were basically a team, but a family accident occurred that made Marissa have to step back. I worked with her for the most part in the beginning, then Dr Josef ended up taking on all the patients, including myself. This was the towards the end of my transitioning phase from Xanax to Valium. 

While Dr Josef and his wife stabilized me, i don’t think there was anything special they did that no other doctor couldn’t do, it’s just that i couldn’t find any other doctor that knew how to do it. I think they may have used the Ashton Manual for the process, but most doctors are completely incompetent and have either never heard of this manual, or don’t know how to apply the protocol. Quite frankly, the incompetence amongst most doctors (in my experience) has been both appalling and pathetic. 

Anyways, they slowly and very gradually switched me over from Xanax to Valium. I think the entire process took about a month. I almost immediately started feeling better when they began the crossover process, but struggled with severe depression and fatigue from the Valium, which has gotten a lot better over several months. It was just something i had to tough out. 

I began the tapering process with Dr Josef about two months ago. We started with liquid diazepam, but the liquid hit so much harder than the pills. It was like a completely different drug, so Dr Josef worked diligently with me with trying to find a pharmacy that was willing to prescribe half pills and half liquid. He did this while he was on vacation, and even reached out to me from his personal cell number. This meant quite a lot to me, tbh, and with his help we were able to find a pharmacy that was willing to do this.

Pharmacists seem to be in a state of hysteria due to the opioid epidemic, and so giving out two controlled substances (even though it’s the same drug and dosage) seemed to freak them out and many refused to do it. Again, Dr Josef worked pretty hard with getting this arranged for me, and together we were able to pull it off, which meant a lot to me.

Unfortunately, their business model has apparently completely changed, and so has the pricing (which seems out of reach for most) since i started with them, so i have no idea how Dr Josef operates his business now. I just know that basically everything has stayed the same for me, including the pricing. If im having difficulty with something, and need assistance i have to schedule a video consultation with Dr Josef, which is about $300 for 30 minutes. It’s expensive as hell, and i personally hate that part, but i always feel better after every consultation, as he’s always very helpful. He’s also very honest and will answer any questions or concerns. I’ve yet to find another doctor with his kind of experience with benzos, but since the Telehealth sessions are so expensive, i still often have to turn to these boards for insight, because I can’t afford them every time something pops up. That’s been the frustrating part. 

So is Dr Josef a YouTube influencer scammer? No. Not at all. Not in my experience, anyways. His services are just crazy expensive, especially with this new program they run, and again, I have no idea what it really even entails, but it apparently starts at 5 figures, according to the video i watched. 

I’m not sure why this program costs so much, but for the most part, Dr Josef seems to be a one man show. He does have some coaches and other staff he has to pay, and his YouTube videos are very polished and well edited. I’m sure he has a team just for that alone, so those are also probably where some of the expenses are going. 

I do wish more doctors had his expertise, and that his services didn’t cost so much, but it is what it is. 

Since you said there’s a doctor where you live who can supervise a slow taper, I would definitely try that first, especially if they know what the Ashton Manual is and know how to use it. 

As far as eliminating interdose withdrawals goes, there’s basically two ways to do this. Slowly switch to a longer acting benzo (like Valium), or split up your doses throughout the day. If you do switch to Valium, just make sure you do it slowly, and be prepared to  possibly experience some crazy depression and fatigue for a while. This doesn’t happen with everyone, but often seems to be the case. 

Sorry for the long post, but that’s basically been my personal experience working with Dr Josef.

Best of luck to you and your healing journey. Hopefully you can find the help you need to eliminate those interdose withdrawals.

• Like 5

I also want to add that when i began tapering i asked Dr Josef how long it would take going at 5% cuts every 4 weeks (doing a daily micro taper). He said it would take 19 months, but he also added that he doesn’t like to give people “finish lines”, because tapering is unpredictable. Probably one of the most honest answers Ive heard from any doctor. And now that im two months into this taper, i completely understand what he meant by that, because im at a point where i feel like i may need to hold for a little while. 

I’ll also add that he truly does believe in a flexible tapering process, and is willing to try different things out to make sure you’re as functional as possible. Obviously, what benzos might do to someone is ultimately out of his control, but his guidance and flexibility during difficult times is what adds a rare value to him. 

Finally, he does a great job listening and believing his patients, unlike some doctors Ive been treated by. I think this is a big part of what helps him treat his patients, tbh. 

• Like 4

@[Ma...],

I’m going to try and keep this short and simple. Pretty much what everyone has said on here is spot on.

I was in his taper program and it helped me significantly. My main issue was getting on a dosing/taper schedule and longer acting benzo. Josef and his team helped me tremendously with this. Yes, his services are expensive. However, he really cares, a lot.

I can honestly say from experience that if you’re looking for someone that will help you and money isn’t an issue, go for it. However, his YouTube videos are extremely helpful now for tapering also. So, it’s really up to you.

I will say, the coaches that he works with are incredible as well.

There are no short cuts through this. I’ve learned once you get “stable” dosing and reductions down, you’ll be in the best position to overcome.

I think the man is a phenomenal human being.

Stay Strong.

Edited by [Mi...]
  • Like 4

I've only had experience with Dr. Josef in the periphery, but only have good things to say. He surely cares about his patients, which is one thing sorely lacking in this world.

34 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

@[Ma...],

I’m going to try and keep this short and simple. Pretty much what everyone has said on here is spot on.

I was in his taper program and it helped me significantly. My main issue was getting on a dosing/taper schedule and longer acting benzo. Josef and his team helped me tremendously with this. Yes, his services are expensive. However, he really cares, a lot.

I can honestly say from experience that if you’re looking for someone that will help you and money isn’t an issue, go for it. However, his YouTube videos are extremely helpful now for tapering also. So, it’s really up to you.

I will say, the coaches that he works with are incredible as well.

There are no short cuts through this. I’ve learned once you get “stable” dosing and reductions down, you’ll be in the best position to overcome.

I think the man is a phenomenal human being.

Stay Strong.

I am having significant inter-dose withdrawal symptoms from .5 mg alprazalam twice a day that I have been on for many years that happened suddenly. When I say suddenly I mean with in a couple of weeks. Now it’s getting debilitating between doses.

I am fortunate that the money is not an issue and I have a call scheduled with Dr. Josef this Friday. Spreading out my dose may help but I am willing to listen to his thoughts and opinions.

Thank you and if you have any advice for me I would love to hear it🙏
Thank you again.

• Like 1

@[Ma...],

My guy, lemme tell you something. I was in your shoes a month ago ahaha. Like exact same situation. You could try spreading out the Xanax three times a day. That did not work for me.

I was then guided on a switch to a liquid Valium and dosing that three times a day. It has helped me tremendously. I have no doubt they will guide you in the right direction.

I know transitioning may be scary, but I was in a position where I needed to. I could not taper the Xanax.

Hoping everything works out for ya buddy.

• Like 2

How did you feel when you switched over to Valium? Was it a different feeling? Did you feel like a zombie or did it smooth you out?

And was a gradual change over to Valium while still on Xanax?

Edited by [Ma...]

@[Ma...]

It was a two week change.

It smoothed me out completely.

Very beneficial for me specifically. I really had no other alternative when I realized that dosing a liquid compounded Xanax more frequently was NOT going to work. Everyone is different though. So, let them guide you through the process. In my opinion, Josef and his team have the most combined knowledge in the states on this subject.

• Like 1

As you can tell I’m not sleepy. And I very much appreciate you responding to my questions.

did you have to use a compounding pharmacy to get liquid Valium? 

Does liquid Valium work faster than a pill form . ( I would think so). 
were you able to function during the transition and after the switch? Work, drive , etc?

where are you now in your taper and how is your daily life?

sorry for the barrage of questions but that’s just my nature and I’m a little desperate right now.

thank you🙏

@[Ma...]

All good, I feel you. Let’s see:

1. I use a compounding pharmacy to get the liquid Valium (only cause I really like the pharmacy). I hate Walgreens and CVS pharmacy now. To be honest, cause of this experience, I’ll probably never go to either of those pharmacy’s again. You can just go to a regular one though I believe. The liquid I am using is not compounded.

2. I was never on Valium pills. I switched from Xanax pills/liquid to the Valium liquid. The Valium liquid works faster than Xanax for me.

3. I’m just going to wrap it up by saying my quality of life has been severely damaged by the Xanax. It is now only improving since being on the Valium and tapering it. I’m a little below 11.4 mgs of the Valium.

I really want to stress that everyone is different. That is why you should listen to Josef and his team. It is good to know that it worked well for me, but some people do report issues switching.

Keep an open mind and never give up.

You’ll get through buddy.

Edited by [Mi...]
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, [[M...] said:

@[Ma...]

1. I use a compounding pharmacy to get the liquid Valium (only cause I really like the pharmacy). I hate Walgreens and CVS pharmacy now. To be honest, cause of this experience, I’ll probably never go to either of those pharmacy’s again. 

100% this. Both of these pharmacies screwed me over multiple times, and the pharmacists and techs always seemed to hate their job. 

I had to find a good local/mom & pop compounding pharmacy that actually cared and knew what compassion and understanding was.

2 hours ago, [[M...] said:

@[Ma...]

1. I use a compounding pharmacy to get the liquid Valium (only cause I really like the pharmacy). I hate Walgreens and CVS pharmacy now. To be honest, cause of this experience, I’ll probably never go to either of those pharmacy’s again. You can just go to a regular one though I believe. The liquid I am using is not compounded.

2. I was never on Valium pills. I switched from Xanax pills/liquid to the Valium liquid. The Valium liquid works faster than Xanax for me.

3. I’m just going to wrap it up by saying my quality of life has been severely damaged by the Xanax. It is now only improving since being on the Valium and tapering it. I’m a little below 11.4 mgs of the Valium.

I really want to stress that everyone is different. That is why you should listen to Josef and his team. It is good to know that it worked well for me, but some people do report issues switching.

Keep an open mind and never give up.

You’ll get through buddy.

I really appreciate you telling me about your experience. 
Are you able to lead a somewhat normal life? 
Are able to work, Travel, restaurants?

I ask this because I am curious and my wife is very concerned.

@[Ma...]

Currently, I am not. I’m getting there though, day by day.

Lots of symptoms have passed for me, but many others have popped up. It’s just become a journey for me that I have to get to the other side of. I’m now more prepared for the battle than ever.

Never give up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [[M...] said:

How did they “ screw you over”?

There were multiple times when they would send me a text saying my prescription was ready for pickup when it actually wasn’t, and they would even refuse to sell me the prescription, even though they had clearance from Dr Josef. They just hated the idea of dispensing half pills and half liquid, even though it was the same dose and same medication. And when you’re getting low on your meds and can’t find any pharmacies that are willing to dispense half pills and half liquid, or don’t even carry the liquid, it gets kinda scary, because you’re not sure if you’ll be able to have your meds in time, or at all. Both Walgreens and CVS hung up on me when i asked what their logic was behind this. 

I asked Dr Josef if this was an issue because of the state i live in. He said it’s an issue in all states he practices in. In one our sessions, he actually called the pharmacy directly and tried explaining to them the situation, but they didn’t care. 

I think these reviews speak for themselves. 

IMG_5299.jpeg.f29fddfe1d0e279917321839667679ad.jpeg

IMG_5300.jpeg

At the end of the day, it’s up to the pharmacy and not your psychiatrist if you’ll even get your prescription. I personally think this is wrong, as they should just be the middle man, and not the ones who have the final say or power over you getting your prescription filled.

The opioid epidemic has really put a lot of these pharmacists in a state of hysteria. 

That’s why I recommend a local compounding pharmacy who has good reviews and are experienced with these types of situations over some chain pharmacy who doesn’t care and will just treat you like a drug seeker. 

Edited by [Md...]
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
[Co...]

Wait what, in the US IT IS UP TO THE PHARMACY AND NOT THE DOCTOR WHETHER YOU GET THE PRESCRIPTION? What kind of lunatic stuff is that? In Belgium, a proper pharmacist should talk to you about the side effects etc. Mine did not. And would have warned about clonazepam, but in the end they have to give what the doctor prescribed.

[Pa...]
On 08/02/2024 at 13:55, [[M...] said:

They just hated the idea of dispensing half pills and half liquid, even though it was the same dose and same medication. And when you’re getting low on your meds and can’t find any pharmacies that are willing to dispense half pills and half liquid, or don’t even carry the liquid, it gets kinda scary, because you’re not sure if you’ll be able to have your meds in time, or at all.

I ran into similar issues with Walgreens. I was taking two different brands of the same medication. My physician wrote a script to fill half of my 30 day supply with one brand and the other half with another brand.  Even though the quantity was the same each month, initially they would not give me half of each brand. They told me to pick one brand. I couldn’t understand the logic in this I mean who cares what generic is filled with? One of the pharmacists finally agreed to fill it as written; but the other pharmacist at Walgreens refused to fill my scripts. So I had to make sure they were picked up when the accommodating pharmacist was working. 

I agree they are very scared following the opiate epidemic. 

Edited by [Pa...]