Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

My Situation

[ge...]

I have joined the forum to learn how others are dealing with their taper and acute withdrawal.  I have been on Clonazepam since December of 2002.  I recently tapered down to total withdrawal, but was only successful for 6 days.  I have to travel in 9 days, and I was barely able to lift my head from the pillow yesterday.  I now have a better idea of what I am facing, and the time it will take to get through acute withdrawal before I can commit to any travel, job, or social function.  I also need to stock my refrigerator, freezer, and cupboards because I won't have the luxury of going out to get food when I need it. 

I am interested in learning more - especially in the area of nutrition and any tips for dealing with anxiety. 

Hello FrustratedinPA, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We're glad you've decided to join us, you'll find what you're looking for here.  Can I ask, how much Clonazepam you were on and how long you took to taper it?  The answers to my questions will give us a better idea of what you might expect in the way of improvement.

Pam

I was on 2 mg. of Clonazepam for nearly 8 years.  I've recently tapered down to .125 mg. since December, but I'm planning to travel next week and I'm waiting to finish the taper until I get home.  Last weekend, I stopped taking it but when I realized how bad I was feeling, I went back on due to travel plans.  It would have been difficult to reschedule this close to our departure.

If anyone has any found ANYTHING that helped with the muscle tension and anxiety during withdrawal, please help!  Also, has a low glycemic diet helped anyone or have most of you just eaten a normal diet during this time.  Thanks! 

You probably made the right choice to hold your taper until you're done with your traveling, there will be time when you get back.  We have an anxiety board, and an Alternative Therapies and Supplements board you might want to check out for tips on diet and anxiety control methods.  ;)

Thank you.  I will check them out.

I really appreciate having a forum like this to access.  Thank you to whoever started it, and thank you to those who keep it going!