Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

To encourage everyone...

I just saw a member write this message.

"I have only seen two people on these boards who did not have very significant progress by 9 months. I have also not seen anyone except one person who did not have most symptoms abate by 18-24 months. The fully protracted folks usually only have motor and sensory issues (i.e. pain), not mental ones."

We are all going to get better, believe it my friends.. believe it...

Must have been a BB old timer to have seen so much.  Glad they really took notice of all this to spread the hope.  Thanks LP!

Well, while I think that this forum does a wonderful service to the community, I think that it also, unfortunately, makes things appear to be much worse than they will be for most people.  By definition, the people who are posting on a support forum are the ones who need support whereas the ones who feel great every day aren't here posting about how great they feel every day- they're out there living their lives!

So, while this place is an invaluable asset for those desperately in need, just don't confuse those who are desperately in need as being in a situation that you will utimately have to go through, yourself!

:)

Oohhhh this made my day.  :smitten: I'm so happy to hear this... maybe I can actually start to expect healing sooner than I thought!!

"I have only seen two people on these boards who did not have very significant progress by 9 months. I have also not seen anyone except one person who did not have most symptoms abate by 18-24 months. The fully protracted folks usually only have motor and sensory issues (i.e. pain), not mental ones."

Thanks for the post. I think this is what we all needed to read today.  :thumbsup:

It's true!  I am now 15 months benzo free from basically a cold turkey and am almost completely recovered now.  I think I had every symptom in the book and then some other weird ones on top of it.  I never thought I'd be normal ever again...I swore it was permanent.  Healing really does happen...it's just very gradual.

I agree with Sweet G - although there are quite a few recent success stories here, it is a shame that more folks that have completed withdrawal haven't posted their success stories.

Hi Everyone,

I'm glad this encouraged you. It really helped me see the truth, we are getting better no matter what our benzo brains tell us...

LP, you're so amazing to lift these inspiring words out of all the posts on this forum, as proof that there is reason to hold hope.

I so needed to read this today . . . .  Thanks for always being there.

I agree with Sweet G - although there are quite a few recent success stories here, it is a shame that more folks that have completed withdrawal haven't posted their success stories.

I think that the larger issues is that even a success story is a one time post whereas being in a situation that requires support is a long term string of posts.  ;)

Thanks LP, Sweet and Offandrunning!!!!  We will all make it even when it appears not.  Sweet - you're so right - on good days I want to get out and live and am not posting.  But when I'm hurting, I turn to BB quickly.  Let's all remember the BIG BOOST success stories give to those still struggling.  When this is over, I plan to set a schedule to regularly check BB and post how good things are.  Best to all, Billwill

Thank you so much my friend... I need this encouragement  right now.. i am still weaning off with NO HOPE ONLY PAIN... Well I truly hope this is true... I just wander one thing how does one person survive all of this everyday?  Do you have any answers on that... 

God the mental went away... That is good news, I need to hear that right now.. Also a hug.. But I will take this what you are telling me right now.. I hope you are well and happy.  May god bless you.. Mishi

Yes, Thanks LP. This helps to keep things in perspective a little bit. I like to check out your posts they're usually helpful. You were one of the first people to respond to one of my post early on when I was new to BB. I need to take a lesson from you so I can be more of a giver than a taker from this forum. Going through the w/d has made me selfish because I'm so wrapped up in my own world with what I'm going through WHICH is what everybody else is going through.

Sometimes it gets overwhelming reading all of the post on the forum but I try to remember that there is a constant turn over of new people who are in the worst part of the w/d while the people who are getting better are slowly fading away as their lives get back to normal.

I said to myself right from the start that, when I get through this that I would come back and post my success story. I still have quite a while to go before I can feel safe enough to do that.

I'm at six months since I started a rapid taper off of this stuff and although it's been a rough ride I feel like my progress has been slowly and consistently getting better the whole time. I've felt pretty good for the past two weeks and I'm hoping it's improvement not a window.

It's true!  I am now 15 months benzo free from basically a cold turkey and am almost completely recovered now.  I think I had every symptom in the book and then some other weird ones on top of it.  I never thought I'd be normal ever again...I swore it was permanent.  Healing really does happen...it's just very gradual.

L123, Thanks for posting that. It's very encouraging!

[b2...]

Well, while I think that this forum does a wonderful service to the community, I think that it also, unfortunately, makes things appear to be much worse than they will be for most people.  By definition, the people who are posting on a support forum are the ones who need support whereas the ones who feel great every day aren't here posting about how great they feel every day- they're out there living their lives!

So, while this place is an invaluable asset for those desperately in need, just don't confuse those who are desperately in need as being in a situation that you will utimately have to go through, yourself!

:)

Very well said  :)

LP, you made my day, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

And thanks everyone else for reminding me how important it is to post our success stories.  I hope to post mine in the near future.

Mal