Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  447 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Wheezing, shortness of breath et al

[Cb...]

I am having a terrible time with wheezing, shortness of breath now for over a year.  It gets so bad that my lungs whistle and cry like a baby. You can hear me coming a mile away.   My husband said to try water pills - diuretics and I did and it really helped things but makes me pee my pants.  This happened five years into a slow taper after being on klonopin for over 35 years. (It is now six years).  I did it that way to avoid major withdrawal symptoms and it worked well.  The horrific burning in the legs and feet is very much better.   I am having a devil of a time getting off the last .5 milligrams as my body is just so addicted after so many years on this crap.  Can anyone relate to this and how do I get off that last half a mg?  I've been struggling for over a year with same dosage.   Also does anyone else have trouble with bladder leaking?  I haven't been here for awhile and the website is all different and at 75 I can't figure out how to do a thing.  Is this the correct withdrawal chat?  If not could someone direct me to it?  I can't find anything on this new website.  Thank you in advance for your help .

I've just come back after a year or so and can't figure out this new fangled thing either.  I've been off over nine years and have the breathlessness back again and feel like at the start of withdrawal.  I too am 75 years old.  

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of people have shortness of breath associated with anxiety.

But wheezing implies bronchial congesting or inflammation. You should probably talk to a doctor about that.

Don't assume that absolutely everything is benzo related. Persistent wheezing and difficulty breathing should be discussed with a doctor.