Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Too Fast?

[ha...]

Pdoc told me to go back to 3mg Klonopoin and stabilize because I was really sick after going to 2.75, so I did just that.  Was tapering @ .25mg every 14 days is this too fast?  Originally started @ 6mgs per night a year ago and within the last three months on my own got down to 3mgs not knowing anything about tapering.  Cannot seem to get past 3mgs! ugh.. should I stay @ 3mgs a little longer or get back down to 2.75 or what? Does "stablizing" sound like the right thing to do?  Good, bad or indifferent I am taking Ambiem for sleep and will get off that once I get off the Klonopoin.  Need some advice if you have any.

[01...]

hadenough,

If 0.25mg is too fast for you, you may want to try 0.125mg every 7-14 days.

Does "stablizing" sound like the right thing to do?

If it were me, I would stabilize at the 3mg, and try cutting 0.125mg the next try.

Others will be along to help.

S#

This needs to be moved to General Taper Plans.

I think trying to stabilize at 3mgs sounds like a good idea, especially if you are having a hard time.  You might think about sticking to 3mgs for at least 14 days, if not longer, and then you could try titration to help make the cuts a little easier on you.  I found 0.25mg cuts to big a drop for my body to handle, so I cut 0.125mgs every 14 days until I got down to 0.75mgs and then I began titrating my daily dose from there - all the way down to 0.01mgs!

We generally recommend that you cut no more than 10% of your daily dose every 7 to 14 days, or longer if need be.

Hope you feel better soon.