Too Fast?

[ha...]

Pdoc told me to go back to 3mg Klonopoin and stabilize because I was really sick after going to 2.75, so I did just that.  Was tapering @ .25mg every 14 days is this too fast?  Originally started @ 6mgs per night a year ago and within the last three months on my own got down to 3mgs not knowing anything about tapering.  Cannot seem to get past 3mgs! ugh.. should I stay @ 3mgs a little longer or get back down to 2.75 or what? Does "stablizing" sound like the right thing to do?  Good, bad or indifferent I am taking Ambiem for sleep and will get off that once I get off the Klonopoin.  Need some advice if you have any.

[fd...]

hadenough,

If 0.25mg is too fast for you, you may want to try 0.125mg every 7-14 days.

Does "stablizing" sound like the right thing to do?

If it were me, I would stabilize at the 3mg, and try cutting 0.125mg the next try.

Others will be along to help.

S#

This needs to be moved to General Taper Plans.

I think trying to stabilize at 3mgs sounds like a good idea, especially if you are having a hard time.  You might think about sticking to 3mgs for at least 14 days, if not longer, and then you could try titration to help make the cuts a little easier on you.  I found 0.25mg cuts to big a drop for my body to handle, so I cut 0.125mgs every 14 days until I got down to 0.75mgs and then I began titrating my daily dose from there - all the way down to 0.01mgs!

We generally recommend that you cut no more than 10% of your daily dose every 7 to 14 days, or longer if need be.

Hope you feel better soon.