Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Please help

[Ju...]

I just got home from the ER. I was given Ativan 1 mg and 3 more Ativan until I can get to a doc. Plus a  script to change me from 100 mgs of Librium(that I take now) to 3 mgs of Klonopin. I want to change over to Valium. I'm pretty sure that tolerance is here and wonder what the best way would be to do it if anyone could help.

I've had a horrible time the last week and a half. If I can stabilize and wean slowy then I am all for it. I need help. I'm begging here...

I do still take 100 mgs neurontin, around 3 mgs ambien, then all together 7 mgs tylenol 3 and 1 fioricet 3 for pain. I wanted off all other meds but don't think i have time. Please help. I read over this and it makes hardly any sense, I don't know how this could happen so quickly. I just need to stablize until I can find a good doc. At least a psych. I only see a regulaer doc.

[85...]

I just got home from the ER. I was given Ativan 1 mg and 3 more Ativan until I can get to a doc. Plus a  script to change me from 100 mgs of Librium(that I take now) to 3 mgs of Klonopin. I want to change over to Valium. I'm pretty sure that tolerance is here and wonder what the best way would be to do it if anyone could help.

I've had a horrible time the last week and a half. If I can stabilize and wean slowy then I am all for it. I need help. I'm begging here...

I do still take 100 mgs neurontin, around 3 mgs ambien, then all together 7 mgs tylenol 3 and 1 fioricet 3 for pain. I wanted off all other meds but don't think i have time. Please help. I read over this and it makes hardly any sense, I don't know how this could happen so quickly. I just need to stablize until I can find a good doc. At least a psych. I only see a regulaer doc.

Plus a  script to change me from 100 mgs of Librium(that I take now) to 3 mgs of Klonopin.

This would be an up dose as 100 mg of Librium = 40mg of Valium, and 3 mg of Klonopin = 60mg of Valium.

I want to change over to Valium. I'm pretty sure that tolerance is here and wonder what the best way would be to do it if anyone could help.

If you're already in tolerance, I don't think 3mg of Klonopin would help.

You could switch to valium from librium, as it's equiv. is 40mg of valium.

I do still take 100 mgs neurontin, around 3 mgs ambien, then all together 7 mgs tylenol 3 and 1 fioricet 3 for pain.

juusthere,

I remember you were tapering the Neurontin, yes?

This is Keryn BTW.

When do you plan on coming off these meds, before or after the Benzo?

Why did you go to the ER? If I may ask.

S#

Keryn  :) I went to the er because I have felt so bad the last week. A friend checked my sugar level and it was 190. I thought that was it but sugar level was fine at er. That's when they said it was probably the Librium and wanted to switch me to 3mg Klon.

I had planned to get off all meds before starting the benzo. I don't see how I can do that now that it looks like tolerance is here. I need time to find a doc. I am so very scared. I worry about psychosis. I need to know how to switch to valium and wonder if it will be worse. I just don't know what to do right now.

[85...]

Keryn  :) I went to the er because I have felt so bad the last week. A friend checked my sugar level and it was 190. I thought that was it but sugar level was fine at er. That's when they said it was probably the Librium and wanted to switch me to 3mg Klon.

I had planned to get off all meds before starting the benzo. I don't see how I can do that now that it looks like tolerance is here. I need time to find a doc. I am so very scared. I worry about psychosis. I need to know how to switch to valium and wonder if it will be worse. I just don't know what to do right now.

JuustHere,

I was wondering where you went off to.

I'm sorry about your sugar, has this happened before?

I don't understand how it could be connected with the Librium, and why give you Klonopin. ???

You are not going to go into psychosis, stay focused, I know that's hard.

If you were going into psychosis, you couldn't have typed out all that you have.

I just don't know what to do right now.

Would your doc prescribe you Valium?

Librium has a long half-life as well.

I don't understand how the librium could contribute to a sugar spike.

Well, with Benzo's nothing surprises me.

I caught my sugar at 200 before, and have no idea why.

Will your doc or psych work with giving you valium?

If he/she prescribes librium, I don't think they would have trouble prescribing Valium.

Valium is a bit stronger than librium, as 100mg of L = 40mg of V.

Klonopin is def. stronger than Librium by far.

I'm just trying to understand your situation.

S#/Keryn

[85...]

JuustHere,

Another thing to take in consideration.

Are you eating correctly?

Do you think some of the other meds could be causing sugar spikes?

I'm not trying to overload you with questions, but you seem worried.

I am worried but seeing you here really helps. Don't worry about questions. I don't eat well but I don't eat very much sugar. I don't like to eat so I force myself into eating the most convienant thing I can find. I do have to eat better...

I'm worried abour psychosis because I had strange and scary thoughts in the hopsital. I read in Ashton's manual that hallicinations, psychosis etc are common and to more or less embrace them but i can't. I also worry I'll be out of my mind and hurt someone. This stuff is just not good.

I can't find a librium to valium c/o. I wonder if I can just replace the whole day's dose. I'm going to hopefully get to the doctor tomorrow and I do think he will do it. I hope he won't push the K. I'll fight it if he tries but I need a plan. He is nowhere near benzo wise.

eta: No meds have changed.

I'm worried abour psychosis because I had strange and scary thoughts in the hopsital. I read in Ashton's manual that hallicinations, psychosis etc are common and to more or less embrace them but i can't. I also worry I'll be out of my mind and hurt someone. This stuff is just not good.

I can't help you with meds advice but other will and are. I want to tell you that you will not hurt anyone cause that anxiety spoke through you. That thoughts are very common for anxiety. You are scared and so upset and you are not going out of your mind. That is what I experienced lot of time. Don't add extra fear to already existing fear. Try to relax as much as you can and to breath.

Take care

Marija

[85...]

I am worried but seeing you here really helps. Don't worry about questions. I don't eat well but I don't eat very much sugar. I don't like to eat so I force myself into eating the most convienant thing I can find. I do have to eat better...

I can't find a librium to valium c/o. I wonder if I can just replace the whole day's dose. I'm going to hopefully get to the doctor tomorrow and I do think he will do it. I hope he won't push the K. I'll fight it if he tries but I need a plan. He is nowhere near benzo wise.

eta: No meds have changed.

If you're not hallucinating, I wouldn't worry about it.

There's a difference in a scary thought and psychosis. Marry is correct, I think it's more of the fear and anxiety.

I looked, and there is no librium to valium c/o schedule.

if you're on 100mg of librium, and want to cross to 40mg of valium, which is the equiv.

You would have to do it in stages-

25mg L 10mg V

25mg L 10mg V

25mg L 10mg V

25mg L 10mg V

How you would cross-over depends on how you want to do it, start, etc,...

You could start with the nighttime dose.

So on,...

Tell us what the doctor says.

S#

Juust,

Valium is stonger than librium.  With all you are taking....are you sure about switching to Valium ?  The one time that I took Valium....it made me feel very drugged. 

I was able to complete my taper of librax, which has librium in it.

Sunny girl

If you're not hallucinating, I wouldn't worry about it.

I did at the e.r. but only once and didn't say anything. I'm sure I was too afraid to say anything and it was only for a couple of seconds. I was afraid they would definitely put me in a facility.

I went to the doc and he prescribed 40 mgs of Valium to replace the 100 mgs of Librium. How I want to go about it is up to me. He is not a benzo doc. I want to crossover and find one. I can't in this state of mind. I've lowered my other meds but see now that I have to start this as soon as I can find someone to help. I hope I can find someone soon. If Valium will ease it off just for awhile then I will spend all my time finding a psych. I wish I hadn't wasted time on Nuerontin now. I don't want this forced in a rehab, That terrifies me.

So a replacement of 10 mgs Valium for 25 mgs of Librium a week sound too fast?  I want faster but am afraid of worse withdrawal. I can't take much more. So very hard now. :( I am so tempted to replace them all right now. Very confused. :-\

Sunny Girl, I don't want to switch over but it's that or go to detox. This snuck up on me fast. I couldn't believe how quickly it did. Congratulations on getting off of Librax. Way to go!

[85...]
I did at the e.r. but only once and didn't say anything. I'm sure I was too afraid to say anything and it was only for a couple of seconds. I was afraid they would definitely put me in a facility.

I went to the doc and he prescribed 40 mgs of Valium to replace the 100 mgs of Librium. How I want to go about it is up to me. He is not a benzo doc. I want to crossover and find one. I can't in this state of mind. I've lowered my other meds but see now that I have to start this as soon as I can find someone to help. I hope I can find someone soon. If Valium will ease it off just for awhile then I will spend all my time finding a psych. I wish I hadn't wasted time on Nuerontin now. I don't want this forced in a rehab, That terrifies me.

So a replacement of 10 mgs Valium for 25 mgs of Librium a week sound too fast?  I want faster but am afraid of worse withdrawal. I can't take much more. So very hard now.  I am so tempted to replace them all right now. Very confused.

It is scary to hallucinate. My first hallucination was at 12 years old. Do you know why you hallucinated?

I went to the doc and he prescribed 40 mgs of Valium to replace the 100 mgs of Librium. How I want to go about it is up to me. He is not a benzo doc. I want to crossover and find one. I can't in this state of mind.

I understand, as long as you have enough Librium and Valium to do it.

Valium is stronger than Librium, you know this?

It can be done, you can c/o.

So a replacement of 10 mgs Valium for 25 mgs of Librium a week sound too fast?

I would do it like this-  replace 25mg of Librium with 10mg of Valium, then hold every two weeks.

What is your dosing schedule? Times of doses for the Librium?

I don't know why I hallucinated or why this happened so quickly. It was only for a few seconds and that is why I have been extremely worried about psychosis.

I take a 25 mg librium an hour after I wake, 4 hrs later I take my next dose, then four hours later my next dose, I take my last dose at bedtime and it is about 6 hours after the third dose. I think I will start the last dose c/o tonight on my last dose. One week at a time is pretty fast? My doc told me to do it however I wanted. No help there... I didn't expect he would but am grateful for the valium. I'm not sure how much stronger it is, but I know I can't start from here without help. I've really gotten myself in a bad situation.

[85...]

If you feel comfortable doing it that way.

Here's a guideline-

1st dose- 25mg L

2nd dose- 25mg L

3rd dose- 25mg L

4th dose- 10mg V

1st dose- 10mg V

2nd dose- 25mg L

3rd dose- 25mg L

4th dose- 10mg V

1st dose- 10mg V

2nd dose- 10mg V

3rd dose- 25mg L

4th dose- 10mg V

1st dose- 10mg V

2nd dose- 10mg V

3rd dose-  10mg V

4th dose- 10mg V

Since Valium has a long half - life, you could combine the middle doses 2 and 3 = 20mg V, if you want.

This is just a guideline, but there are several ways you could do it.

You may find the Valium better, and smoother to taper.

Because it is stronger, you will feel sedated.. but as you taper, that goes away.

S#

Thank you for the guideline. It eases the pressure. I do worry that I will get in more trouble with the valium, but I'm in a bad tolerance now and can't titrate librium. Librium also only comes in capsules. I am hoping to find a psych to help me do the math and maybe to prescribe liquid at times. I don't understand how people can get things correct feeling like I do now and worse.

I would like to combine the two middle doses. Should I do it all at once? I mean c/o and combine at the same time.

[85...]

I would change them over one at a time, and then combine them.

1st dose- 10mg V

2nd dose- 20mg V

3rd dose- 10mg V

= 40mg V total.

Yes I know the Librium is in capsule form.

I think you will be okay, just change each dose one at a time, and go from there.

You really have to play it by ear.

Hey Juust,

I opened the capsules of librax and mixed the powder in water, to do my titration.  Mixing the powder is not that difficult, and Keryn could help you with it.  He is great with Math.  ' Just saying '...in case the Valium doesn't work out.  You may end up having to titrate Valium, as you get lower....or some have used the liquid form. 

Adding new drugs, got me into trouble.  My doctor had me try Buspar, Zoloft, Trazadone, Ambien, Lunesta. Talk about feeling psychotic.  I remember clinging to the floor when these drugs took hold, because it was the only place I felt safe.  Be careful.....I am concerned about you.

Sunny girl

Thank you Sunny Girl. The valium did scare me last night but I don't know what else to do. I will start a progress log as soon as I am able. The plain Librium isn't water soluble so I can't titrate. I just want help and feel there is nowhere to turn. Very scred now.

[85...]

JuustHere,

I was scared when I first crossed as well.

You have to give the Valium some time to build up.

Thank you Keryn so much. He also gave me a vitamin B12 shot. I have been reading and think that wasn't such a good plan after all.

[85...]

Thank you Keryn so much. He also gave me a vitamin B12 shot. I have been reading and think that wasn't such a good plan after all.

A lot of people stay away from B12, as I have read.

It took the Valium 2 - 4 weeks to build up in me, but we're all different.