Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  447 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Best wishes for the holiday season

[lo...]

I haven't been around very much lately but just wanted to say best wishes to all my fellow long haulers.   I will soon be entering my 12th year counting from the start of my benzo taper on 1st January 2013.  I can hardly believe I have lost over a decade to drug withdrawal.  However I continue to make some improvement each year.  Recently had COVID and thankfully it wasn't very serious and recovered well from that.  I have tried to expand my very narrow range of activities this year by attending some classical concerts and a ballet performance, hence the COVID!!  I have no sound sensitivity now which is a blessing.  I can only wish you all the best for 2024 and hope it will bring more healing your way. 

• Like 3

Best wishes back at you looking forward.   Im about to enter my 9th year and like you it is a slow journey back to recovery however also like you I am grateful for small improvements each year, and maybe I am learning the lesson  of waiting, believing in healing and patience.   We are all different and sadly  agoraphobia stops me getting out much hopefully this year I will overcome that and  many other symptoms  will lessen as well.

May we all be granted this wish and it brings more healing to everyone.

• Like 2

On 24/12/2023 at 03:17, [[K...] said:

Best wishes back at you looking forward.   Im about to enter my 9th year and like you it is a slow journey back to recovery however also like you I am grateful for small improvements each year, and maybe I am learning the lesson  of waiting, believing in healing and patience.   We are all different and sadly  agoraphobia stops me getting out much hopefully this year I will overcome that and  many other symptoms  will lessen as well.

May we all be granted this wish and it brings more healing to everyone.

Thank you.  I suffered agoraphobia in my 20s after I started on the benzos so I know how difficult that can be.  I hope that it might diminish along with other symptoms.  I wish you all the best for 2024. 

4 hours ago, [[N...] said:

Thanks Fiona, and the same to you.

Year 9 is six months away for me. 

Hopefully 2024 will be a better year for all of us.

I do hope so.  Best wishes. 

Fiona, I’m so happy you’re here. I hope your Christmas Day was good. 
I miss seeing you. 
I drove to Long Island New York and I’m staying here for 3 weeks. I feel better with family. 
sending you a big hug ♥️🌷

14 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Fiona, I’m so happy you’re here. I hope your Christmas Day was good. 
I miss seeing you. 
I drove to Long Island New York and I’m staying here for 3 weeks. I feel better with family. 
sending you a big hug ♥️🌷

Thank you so much, Jacky. I am pleased you are with family and able to have a break away from home.  I had a very peaceful  and enjoyable day on my own this suits my needs better and thankfully have no family locally so don't feel any pressure to do otherwise.  Spent Boxing Day afternoon with a friend and that was very enjoyable.  I hope for better things for you in 2024, I know how much you are struggling.  Hugs from me all the way from Scotland.  :hug: