Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

some insight please

reinstated Clonazepam four days ago.  went 15 days from a Dr's taper, .25 every other day for 2 weeks then .25 every third day.  i was going to try and stabilize at .25 for a month and then try a much slower taper.  i'm feeling a lot better from the withdrawl shock my body took.  i was wondering if i don't stablize within the month, do i taper from where im at or do i have to up my dose to try and stablize. Dr. wants me to go on paxil  to try and help but im against putting any more drugs such as that in my system.

HI, howie.

Sometimes I think "stabilizing" is misunderstood as a reduction in symptoms when it really just means that you aren't continuing to get worse day by day.  If you have become tolerant to the clono., you won't ever get to a point where you have no symptoms without making a large increase in your dose.  Of course, if you do that, you still have to come back to where you are now and have withdrawal symptoms again.  If you truly are having more intense symptoms every day, you might benefit from increasing your dose.  Anyway, that's how I see it.  Are you still taking the phenobarbitol?

i'm only taking .25mg of clonazepam. the withdrawl symptoms have subsided a bunch. going to stay at .25mg for a month and  taper slowly. thanks for the insight Beepers.