Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

And the struggle continues

I turned 43 today and while I woke up hoping to be stronger today, I find myself feeling more discouraged. I really thought I was on my way to healing @6months, but @7months things started getting worse. I'm light-headed, dizzy, intense head-aches, frequent electricity-type feelings in my arms and hands, and various other problems.

The hardest part though is the mental struggle; "I must have a brain tumor"; "I'm never going to get better"; "things are getting worse not better"; "I will be like this the rest of my life"; etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc

Let's see, what describes my emotional state? Discouraged, cast down, afraid, confused, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,

Oh well; hopefully the Lord will have mercy on me (and us) and bring me (us) through this.

Blessings,

William

I have read other BBs posts who had set backs at about the same time frame, but felt incredibly better a month later.  So don't get discouraged William, it seems to be a normal occurrence in our abnormal circumstance.

The absence of hope is the presence of suffering. I have some of the same thoughts, and I am still tapering :( The not ever feeling normal again is quite possibly the most disturbing thought. We have to look at the people who have come before us; just yesterday I read some posts saying people felt horridly depressed until about a year after quitting benzos! I'm hoping 43 gets better, and 44 brings complete resolution of this garbage. Happy birthday to you, and don't get discouraged like P says.

Happy birthday  :thumbsup:

This stuff is taxing, huh? I turn the big 4 0 in a few months and my only birthday wish is that I am at least healed enough that I can really start to get my life back by that time.

Thanks for your post guys; truly a blessing! In fact, my heart is full of tears, grasping at any hope of being healed.

Perseverance: I love those two words "incredibly better"--lots of hope there.

Ben zolo: Man, I love that line "The absence of hope is the presence of suffering"; isn't that the truth!

FloridaGuy: You said it, "taxing"; you know it too brother. Man, I truly hope your birthday wish comes true.

I can't tell you guys how much I appreciate your posts; thanks for taking the time--I REALLY appreciate it.

Blessings,

William

William,

I am right with you.  I am in the midst of a bad wave right now and I feel so discouraged and beaten down.  I have even questioned whether God hears my cries for help during this process.  The only thing I hold out hope for is that I will feel normal again.  This morning I woke up and looked at my kids and just watched them sleep peacefully with no worries in the world.  I would give anything to be able to enjoy that with them.  But, they are the reason I keep fighting.  No matter the cost, I have to keep pushing forward, because one day I will be back to normal and once again enjoying life to the fullest.

Natron

Natron, I wonder the same thing about whether the Lord hears me sometimes; more often I think I'm going thru this because I am being punished for my sins (I know that is not what the Scriptures teach, but that is the mental trap I get in sometimes). I'm with you too about the kids being the reason to keep fighting. In some strange way it is comforting to know that others are suffering too; even though I wouldn't wish this stuff on my worst enemy.

Fight on brother!

William

Thanks for the Bible verse on your intro.  someone said if i can get addicted to worry then i can get addicted to prayer.  i have been memorizing Bible verses so i won't think so much; since the thinking is so weird; really weird.  i put a support thread up today but people view it but no one said anything.  maybe it's the time zone.  reading the benzo book helped me - it is a free book - google it - cool guy who wrote it.