Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

About 24 months off of Klonopin after being on for 8 years

[na...]

At about 24 months off I had a horrible wave , it was like every thing got weird and I was on a bad acid anxiety trip. It got better but I still hasnt fully passed yet. My gf wants me to go on Zoloft because she never seen me so down, depressed and anxious. She’s been with me through it all from the beginning the journey has had its high and lows especially in the beginning for the first 4 months, my doctor had me taper in three weeks after being on klonopin for sleep for 8 years 2mg. It was the worst thing I’ve ever felt and don’t want to be on medication ever again. I’m wondering if ssris would make the recovery worse or just to accept this is my brain healing still. Wish everyone the best and stay strong, I honestly thought I was healed until last month when it came back horrible, but won’t give up. Thanks just looking for so advice with the SSRI or new wave symptoms after two years ,

Hi @[na...] - I think you might get more responses with a different title for your thread.  It would be good to have title that expresses you'd like input on whether SSRIs have been helpful during withdrawal.  You could change the title on this thread or start a new one.