Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I can’t gain weight no matter how much I eat!!!

Hi everyone

I am moving into my 6th month of benzo W/D now and even though I am experiencing windows of relief from time to time it seems that no matter how much I eat I just cannot gain weight. It’s like the anxiety consumes whatever I eat to the point it’s even hard to maintain my weight now! The fear and anxiety seems to be getting worst now but like I said I do get a few breaks in-between but less now than I did before! Can anyone relate with this?

Thanks be blessed

Watchman

I sure can, even though I'm only 1 month out. I've lost about 10lbs, and I didn't have much to lose in the first place. My face is now bonier than the one you see in my avatar... I've heard that this weight loss is very common, and I would imagine that difficulty gaining is very possible in your 6th month. Don't feel alone, because you certainly aren't!

Holly

I sure can, even though I'm only 1 month out. I've lost about 10lbs, and I didn't have much to lose in the first place. My face is now bonier than the one you see in my avatar... I've heard that this weight loss is very common, and I would imagine that difficulty gaining is very possible in your 6th month. Don't feel alone, because you certainly aren't!

Holly

Oh I am so sorry you are dealing with the same thing! I think it’s the anxiety more than anything that consumes our weight, anyway thanks holly and please know that you’re in my prayers!

Thanks so much for sharing

Watchman :thumbsup:

I'm dealing with the same thing as well.  I'm just eating as much as I can to maintain my weight and exercising. I started drinking Boost protein drinks as well.  I get discouraged and down about this thinking something is wrong with me.  I am sorry it is your concern too. 

hey watchman... I am sorry you are struggling with this... This is truly a beast, but you are benzo free and in time you will heal... we all will... Lets buckle down and fight the beast... "we got this" as we say in NYC

I lost around 12 lbs and I need not to lose weight. I now weigh about 95 lbs and hate the way I look .  I can eat OK but still can gain the weight back. Which is worse, not being able to gain weight or not being able to lose weight??????

I lost about 45lbs. Was an explosive 180, and went down to 135. I gained a lot of muscle over a 7 year span of religious weight lifting, and lost it in the span of a few months. I have stretch marks all over from the damage this did to my skin (only had a few small ones on my legs before). This subject is very sore for me. Pisses me off quite frankly.

I have also experienced the weight loss thing.  I have dropped 35 pounds over the past couple months because I am never hungry.  I force down a bowl of cereal around noon and then have a light dinner around seven.  Lately I find I have an appetite about 2AM so I have been eating fruits and yogurt at that time and it doesn't seem to have an adverse effect on my sleep.  My weight is now holding.

Warmest regards,

Kelly

hey watchman... I am sorry you are struggling with this... This is truly a beast, but you are benzo free and in time you will heal... we all will... Lets buckle down and fight the beast... "we got this" as we say in NYC

Yeah we got this my brother from my old stomping grounds, I felt so bad for you when I read what a hard day you had yesterday at work! I wanted to leave a post on your thread but I was in so much pain I just couldn’t deal with it! I know all this will pass but the hard part is only God knows when,

Thank you all so much for your input! It sure does bring some relief knowing I am not alone here in this weight lost thing! I want to tell you guys my whole story as soon as I get another window and able to put it all together right!!! Thanks again

Be blessed

Watchman :thumbsup:

I gained two of my pounds back!

Like so many, I lost a lot of weight while on the drugs and after my ambien c/t and k jump. I looked a hot mess! Face still in tact but body was not slamming any more. I was so frustrated with the weight loss, I tossed the scale out of the bathroom. Well, yesterday, I decided to step on the scale because I noticed I did not have to use the last hole on my belt...and what do you know, I gained two pounds. I was jumping around like I had won the lottery! Point here, we will get through this. We have to believe we will get through this and the weight will come back.

Happy Wednesday!

Lida

I have no sensation of hunger or thirst, 5 1/4 months out.

That's right, I forgot to mention that I have no thirst either... must stay hydrated so I've been throwing back the Gatorade lol

I wish I had a little help with appetite control from the benzo WD  :-\

I know what it feels like to have no appetite because I experienced it while on zoloft, but on clonazepam and during WD I haven't had any issues. Matter of fact I would go so far as to say that food is one of the only things that I still truly enjoy so if I didn't control what I eat pretty carefully I would probably be gaining weight.

Leaving for a work vacation in a week and I have already committed myself to getting back on a super strict diet and exercise program in two weeks when I return. I want to drop about 20 lbs by my birthday in a few months. Between conquering this benzo dependency and turning 40 this seems like the perfect time to get in the best shape of my life.