Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Young 67 ready for titration from lorazepam

[Po...]

:yippee:

Need taper from lorazepam.

Start Date:  July 5

Dose:  .75

Tablet dose:  1mg

No of tablets:  1   (dosage of .25 in morning and .50 at night)

Taper rate:  reasonably fast - 10% - 7 day   Does this sound OK

Cylinder 100ml - 1ml increments

I want to eliminate the morning dose before the evening one.   Thanks in advance for all your help.  This has been a journey that I don't want to take again.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Hi popcornlady11:

So if I understand correctly, you wish to titrate .75 mg.  Here is a schedule for a 1% daily reduction based on your .75mg dose.  The following titration plan will take you about 100 days to complete, but you can easily slow things down or speed things up at any point.  See how you feel and adjust accordingly.  Please review the plan with your doctor.

Everyday, you will crush and titrate .75mg (three-quarters of your 1mg. tablet).  It is important that you crush thoroughly with a mortar and pestle.

Crush (.75mg) throughly into powder and mix it thoroughly with 100ml (cc) liquid.  Each day, you will start with this original mixture (.75mg in 100ml liquid).  Each day you will cumulatively remove and discard 1ml from this mixture immediately upon mixing vigorously in the manner described below.

So....

Day 1: make your original mixture and remove 1ml.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses, drink one dose.

Day 2: make your original mixture and remove 2mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

Day 3: make your original mixture and remove 3mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

Day 4: make your original mixture and remove 4mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

Day 5: make your original mixture and remove 5mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

...and so on.

Make sure to keep a log of your cuts so you don't lose track.  You may wish to split your dose into two or more daily doses.  If you do so, we recommend you space your doses as evenly as possible.  You can keep unused doses in covered glasses in the fridge for up to 3 days.  Your taper can easily be adjusted.  If you find you are doing well, you can speed it up by increasing your daily cuts to 2ml.  Conversely, you can always slow it down by removing 1ml every other day.  Just play it by ear.  A 5ml baby dropper, available at most drug stores may be helpful.  A 3ml plastic pipette is also helpful.  I hope things go well for you.

Draftsman

Thank you draftsman for getting back to me so quickly.  Quick question - would you save the quarter of a pill I cut and use three of them together for a dosage?  I'm not sure that would give me an accurate measure.  Do you recommend just throwing the quarter away?