Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Teeth

Anyone have problems with teeth. I had problems even before with my gums, red and sore. Few weeks ago I fixed that, gums came back pink again and I didn't feel any pain. But now I feel like everything is so sensitive and like pulse. They are so sore again. Eating and brushing is painful. Maybe is a stupid question.

Marija

It's not a stupid question, Marry. my teeth and gums hurt so bad I couldn't eat or brush my teeth for 2 days. This condition lasted about a week and went away, and has not returned.

Who would have thought that benzos could do so much damage?

pj

Hi there,

I too have some gum/teeth issues.  My teeth will just feel achy or tender, and my gums hurt a lot when I brush.  Just very sensitive.  I have heard it is common - unfortunately.  :(

Take care and all the best,

Schatje

Thanks Pj

Sometimes I think what else can be wrong. I started to say for everything that is a w/d. I can't check myself any more. I am sick of it. And it is easier that way  :). But I still came here to ask  :)

Marija

Hi there,

I too have some gum/teeth issues.  My teeth will just feel achy or tender, and my gums hurt a lot when I brush.  Just very sensitive.  I have heard it is common - unfortunately.  :(

Take care and all the best,

Schatje

Thanks Schatje

I saw I am not the only one. So many symptoms from this benzo's.

Marija

On the top of everything and every symptoms I have right now I found one of my wisdom teeth is growing out. Now when I am 31  :tickedoff:. Half of my face is in pain. Hard to eat now and I am not eating much anyway.

Marija

Hi--

I too have gum problems--probably full-blown gingivitis at this point. I've been moderately bulimic, off and on, since I was seventeen (amphetamines fixed that, for a while...), and my teeth show the results of that disease process. But I have been spitting blood when I brush. (I've also abused OTC whitening products, so it's hard to say esxactly how this came about.) I want it fixed, now, but cannot afford it. Help. I feel ya.

My teeth were really sensitive for the past 3-4 days, but this has subsided quite a bit.  Just another symptom I guess.

I've had lots of pain and other weird sensations involving my teeth during this process. No fun for sure  :sick:

Jeff M.

Many of us have dental pain and strange sensations like our teeth are moving or rotating in benzo w/d.  This is quite common.  It is also common to have a sore tongue, and TMJ or thrush like symptoms.  A lot of BBs have also had receding gums and more than their share of root canals and cavities.  Some (including myself) have had unnecessary tooth extractions from the pain.

Some of these things are due to benzos inhibiting saliva production and the fact that benzos really effect the nerve that runs along your jaw line.