Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

random songs in my head??

Ive been having these random songs (usually 70s contemporary????:idiot:). I wake up and its already there and can become quite annoying because it just wont stop.

Has anyone else experienced this.

Yes!!!  The same exact thing happens to me all the time. I was to the point where I was scared to listen to music because it was so bad. It definitely goes away.  It falls in the same category as intrusive thoughts.

Interesting, for me it was visual. I told my son no video game playing with me after 8 pm, cause it would stick in my brain. I would close my eyes and for hours I would see the game...

Truly sucked

Yep. I am 6 months off and still have random songs looping over and over. When my anxiety was high it was really pervasive. Now it just comes and goes. Probably nothing more than your brain's protection mechanism that allows it to cope with the serious stress of WD.

And now, back to Lady Gaga's "Edge of Glory"  :idiot:

Same thing happened with me too LP,

I would get visuals all the time as well, all I can remember is the NBA finals and watching LeBron James on the court over and over in my head hours after the game while trying to fall asleep.  (funny things is I have a strong dislike for him too, go figure  :laugh: )

Most definitely. I tend to get those damn radio commercials stuck in my head. You know, the catchy jingles that even normal people get stuck in their head?  :sick: Luckily they don't seem to bother me at night way too much.

Oh my god... yes. This was one of the most disturbing sxs for me because I didn't know what was causing it, and it lasted like 6 months. I had it during tolerance w/d, and everyone pretty much thought I must be going crazy or something (including me). This was so traumatizing for me.  :-[ Luckily you are now well aware that it's the fault of the benzos, and it's not you...

[43...]
Yes  :D Also had the video game images....those s/x seem to have quieted but I had one last night. I was working on my flower garden and dreamt all night of vines twisting up around me over and over....sigh....wacky stuff  :o

Funny mine has been Elton John's "Rocket Man" ... but I don't mind this because I would rather have a song playing than those damned intrusive thoughts or the constant rumination. The song is kind of refreshing ... even though it skips and returns to the beginning. Guess it's time to get a new turntable :D

Ever since I can remember I have always woken up with a song in my head and usually had one playing in there most of the day.  I always thought that just meant I was a music lover and the music was in me.  :)  Quite often the song is descriptive of what I am going through.  I remember hearing the Eagles "Wasted Time" on a regular basis when I was a practicing alcoholic.  Specifically, "So baby there you stand, with your little head down in your hands, oh my god, i can't believe it's happening again..."

I have been more aware of the obsessive nature of these re-occuring songs since I have been in withdrawal but since I have always had them I guess it doesn't bother me as much.  Fortunately I can just replace the current song with another when I finally get tired of what I am listening to.

Side effects suck!

Warmest regards,

Kelly

Thought that maybe I was the lone...music in my head person. I'll hear a commercial, a tune, and it stays stuck in my head--replaying, replaying, along with the pings, tweets, and tinnitis as back up. Whoever said, it beats the obtrusive thoughts is so right-on though. T2

I know what you mean LP, I have a quiet environment at least an hour before I go to bed or my mind will get something stuck in my head and obsess on it over and over and make it difficult to relax enough to fall asleep.  Happens to me with all sorts of stimulation not just music and images, but also thoughts about situations etc...