Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Sour Candy Stops Panic Attacks?

[Ho...]

Some people on this forum have struggled with panic attacks during recovery. My son used to have panic attacks, but by the grace of God I've never had one.

My husband just told me about an article he read that super spicy or sour candy can stop a panic attack. It's not a lasting thing, but panic attacks start small and grow. Anything that stems the time of an upcoming panic attack has to be worth looking into!

So I thought I'd post a link here, because when I looked it up, sure enough there's science behind it. I thought if anyone was prone to panic attacks, this might be a help. 

Here's the link:

https://www.health.com/sour-candy-for-anxiety-7480402

hot cold

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hi HC, I love this technique bc I suffer with anxiety and panic attacks. I love the super spicy foods or herbs like cayenne pepper. When I feel it coming on I’m going to try this and see if it helps. 
‘thank you for this information.

♥️

4 hours ago, [[H...] said:

Some people on this forum have struggled with panic attacks during recovery. My son used to have panic attacks, but by the grace of God I've never had one.

My husband just told me about an article he read that super spicy or sour candy can stop a panic attack. It's not a lasting thing, but panic attacks start small and grow. Anything that stems the time of an upcoming panic attack has to be worth looking into!

So I thought I'd post a link here, because when I looked it up, sure enough there's science behind it. I thought if anyone was prone to panic attacks, this might be a help. 

Here's the link:

https://www.health.com/sour-candy-for-anxiety-7480402

hot cold

Very interesting. I suffer with panic attacks. I seem to be in remission ATM. I will try this the next time I feel one coming on to see if the sour candy interrupts it.👍

• Like 1