Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  447 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

2 year mark.

[st...]

I'm a few weeks ago from the 2 year mark. I never thought in a million years I'd feel this bad at 2 years. I still can't work. Can't handle any stress. My sleep is toxic. I wake up feeling toxic and sick. I no longer feel like I'm dealing with withdrawals, but that I'm dealing with the damage the benzos have left. I used to have 2 good weeks a month. Those are gone. I get windows of a few hours sometimes. Everyday I feel different. People ask what symptoms I have and honest I can't even describe most of them. And they change all the time. My CNS feel fried and l my perception in the outside world is distorted. Everything is overwhelming. I still continue to wake up and give myself positive affirmations. I do medatation, walk, eat clean and to therapy.  I'm trying to heal. Do you guys think I'll heal? I feel very very sick. Like permanent damage has been done. 

I know how you feel i feel the same. A damaged nervous system from these neurotoxins. I dont understand why they are still being prescribed.

1 hour ago, [[S...] said:

I know how you feel i feel the same. A damaged nervous system from these neurotoxins. I dont understand why they are still being prescribed.

Sorry. I hate that for you. Do you see any improvements 

14 minutes ago, [[s...] said:

Sorry. I hate that for you. Do you see any improvements 

Some thing's have improved but the intense head pressure/squeezing has remained and got worse i dont understand why. 

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Some thing's have improved but the intense head pressure/squeezing has remained and got worse i dont understand why. 

I'm so sorry. How long have you been doing this?

At 2 years off I was still a wreck. you just need to keep moving forward and give it more time. I will be 4 years off at the end of Feb.2024 and I am so much better. I still have symptoms but they are much more manageable. Acceptance is key. And then letting more time pass. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Gosh I am glad for this post.  I'm just past the 2 year mark and struggling mightily.  Thank you for checking in.   Thanks Littlewing too.

If it wasn't for this site, I would have gone crazy ages ago.  The fact that others are having severe waves at this point is sadly validating for me.   I was so sure I'd be healed before a year was over.   The information I get on here is invaluable. 

I'm living clean too, and I'm 'minding my mind'.... as a friend puts it.   I'm not certain that I will heal at this point.  But I haven't given up!   And if I find any therapeutic edge or gateway I'll be sharing it....❤️❤️❤️

1 hour ago, [[l...] said:

At 2 years off I was still a wreck. you just need to keep moving forward and give it more time. I will be 4 years off at the end of Feb.2024 and I am so much better. I still have symptoms but they are much more manageable. Acceptance is key. And then letting more time pass. 

Thank you for replying.  Your story gives me hope. You are right about the acceptance. Just finding it very difficult and lonely going through this all alone. I'm glad you are better

Sorry for your suffering Steph.  I am 2 1/2 years off and having good and bad days and lots of in between.  The bad days are BAD.  I'll have about 6 or 7 symptoms really intense symptoms raging all at once. I'm pretty surprised at the length of this journey too.  Littlewing's comment about feeling much better at 4 years is encouraging.  Hope you get better soon. You are not alone.  

• Love 1

6 hours ago, [[H...] said:

Sorry for your suffering Steph.  I am 2 1/2 years off and having good and bad days and lots of in between.  The bad days are BAD.  I'll have about 6 or 7 symptoms really intense symptoms raging all at once. I'm pretty surprised at the length of this journey too.  Littlewing's comment about feeling much better at 4 years is encouraging.  Hope you get better soon. You are not alone.  

Hello friend. Im sorry you're going through it this far out. I agree littlewings comment is encouraging. We are half way there and it's got to get better from here for both of us. 

• Like 1

I was so grateful for this site. Knowing that others had suffered like me so many years out and were still healing gave me the confidence to keep moving forward. I remember how much power a positive story had on my mental attitude during those tough years. I hope my story can give you all that same faith. Time is our healer.

• Like 2
  • Love 2