Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I still have very sad feelings and sometimes very angry feelings on Colazapam I sleep for about 5 hours and wake up with extreme emotions

[...]

I really hate the way Colazapam makes me feel I either feel really sad or have to fight with anger and rage feelings and now the doctors says he wants to leave me on it until spring 😢I miss the old me maybe it's hormones, but what ever the case I don't even listen being around me and that's a really sucky feeling 

Unfortunately Benzos can cause all sorts of symptoms even while you're still taking them.  I'd highly consider tapering off.  Benzos are designed for short-term use (2 to 4 weeks maximum) and only mask symptoms.  They don't treat or cure any underlying conditions.  Peace

Hello @[...],

@[Th...] is correct, benzos can create a lot of mood changes, I experienced them pretty significantly. I was simply not the real me while on benzos, in withdrawal or recovery. However, the real me came back once healed, a fact I, forever grateful for.

What reason did your doctor give for waiting to start tapering?