Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Seroquel Help Urgent

[Br...]

Hello all I suffer issues from short term use but had horrible sleep issues I decided to try seroquel half of a 50 mg pill last wednesday after trying trazodone twice with little to no success. i also had a coffee the day after taking it at night that i had a bad reaction to. Ever since having a bad reaction to 25 mg seroquel including burning skin, suppressed breathing, and weird thoughts that have never left such as constant songs in my head and random suppressed memories or images appearing. I have totally stopped sleeping and feeling any different through the day. I am now suffering horrible akathisia and worsening weird arm sensations and total loss of emotions. All of my memories and motivation seem to be gone it takes me so long to do anything. I have no comfort anywhere. I had none of this before trying seroquel one time. I am deathly afraid this will last since it has been so many days with no improvement 

Unless you are ultra sensitive to Seroquel, all of the symptoms you are describing are "classic" Benzo Withdrawal symptoms.  They might not have anything to do with the Seroquel?  I'd avoid alcohol, caffeine and anything with MSG (Mono-sodium Glutamate).  Good luck!

I agree.  The symptoms sound like it is from Temazepam even with the very short usage.  Taking more prescription drugs may very likely make the recovery more complicated.  You may want to either push through the very difficult first couple of weeks and/or get help from your doctor.  So many of us wanted something to help us with those sleepless nights only to find that nothing really helps except for time for the CNS to rebalance itself.

Hmmmmm, the Temazepam was also very short-term. If it is the Temazepam or the one-off seroquel, it is a very unusual reaction. @[Br...], have you ever been on any Rx drug long-term? Are you completely Rx drug-free right now? Are you taking any prescribed medicines for any other health issues?

@[An...]I take no medications I tried seroquel one time and it gave me so many more symptoms than I already had and complete loss of sleep I’m only getting micro sleep now that I can’t even recognize and I used to be dreaming a lot and remembering them and now I don’t 

IMO, if you are that sensitive to drugs, I would NOT look for another Rx or OTC drug to induce sleep.  Your brain wants sleep and it will eventually start to give you sleep and your sleep will even out over time.  Seroquel is an anti-psychotic and is normally very sedative for most people.  Sorry you had such a horrible experience with it.