Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Updose?

[Su...]

So I’m still holding at .3 of liquid V. It’s been almost 3 months that I’ve been holding here. I am still struggling greatly and I’m wondering if I need to talk to my Dr about going back up and doing a DLMT. I am not functioning. I’m a mom and a wife and unfortunately I don’t feel like I can be either of those things right now..I’m experiencing this chemical terror and I’m so concerned about how long this could last. I seem to be going back and forth between this intense anxiety and fear feeling and depression/ anhedonia. This is really wearing me down. I feel so selfish for the horrible dark thoughts that I keep having. I’ve never updosed the entire way down but I’ve also never been this hopeless feeling either. 

Edited by [Su...]

I see absolutely no reason to up-dose. In fact 0.3mg V is such a low dose that you could safely jump from it even if you're still symptomatic. From what I've read here and my own experience, holding for lengthy periods seems counterproductive. Real progress doesn't begin until you're completely off.

I concur with Outis, real healing and recovery doesn't truly begin until you're completely off.  For comparison, 10mg of V = 1mg of Xanax.  Your current dose would be equal to .03mg of Xanax so you're currently on a very low dose.  I did a CT (not recommended) so I don't have any experience tapering, but I've been on these boards a long time and I know many people that jumped at a much higher dose of V.  Good luck.