Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

My name is john and I have been taking benzos for 12 years

[Do...]

My choice benzo has always been xanax, but I am currently taking klonopin 8 mg a day.

Ativan has also been a regular player in my benzo diet.  Add alcohol to all these and I usually black out

For at least 3-4 days.  Wasted ten years of my life on this benzo roller coaster.

[52...]

Doctordaimoku,

Welcoming you to BenzoBuddies.

You will find plenty of support here.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Sigma.

Yes I want to taper off completely... I am currently in an inpatient addiction facility for abbot a week.  They still have me taking klonopin but are switching me to neurontin.  Between these oils and alcohol I have almost ruined my life many times.  A guardian angel has been protecting me!

Hi, John.

If you are going to be in outpatient for only a week, you probably will need to continue tapering when you get home.  Let us know how we can help. 

I certainly will.  What about neurotin?  They are putting me on that and it is not a benzo.  Seems to help so far.  Would really like ur honest opinion.

Hello John. Glad that you have joined us. You always think your situation is worse but then you log on and read and your taking double the dose of Klonopin that I was and for 3 times as long.... I cant imagine. What were you acutally prescribe the Gabapentin (Nuerontin) for? I am assuming if you are in an addiction facility they are maybe using the Gabapentin as part of a quick detox to help with the possiblity of seizure's? I was prescribed Gabapentin a couple of years ago for nerve pain and severe muscle twitching. It had no effect on me what so ever and I discontinued use of the drug and now I realize that my problem was the klonopin. We are all here for any support that you may need and would love to hear how things are going for you.