Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  448 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Any short term users here with permanent problems?

[mr...]

First let me start by saying I wasnt on the drug long, i truly feel sorry and have nothing but respect for people who are still pushing through after doing the drug for months and years. I can only imagine what you are all going through.

But i had my own little short term experience/ binge during a depression in 2022 February Where i had supposedly 10x 1 mg Xanax/ alprazolam (Street pills off darkweb)

while also mixing with vodka the last few days I did not taper at all because i Didnt want to expose my brain to the drug even longer, + i would of had to order/ seek out more. so i went through it , I had brain zaps and massive anxiety/panic , I dont think i had seizure though but how would i know if did or not anyway I layed in my bed most of the withdrawal.

I didnt do any research on benzos like a idiot and now im suffering the consequences.

My main issue is my head is always throbbing like a bad hangover or Sinus between nose/ forehead pressure that never goes away making it very hard to ever fully relax. On top of erectile dysfunction, the head pressure just feels like all the blood is rushing to my head constantly or misfiring neurons.

My life has been changed drastically, I cant smoke weed without panic and anxiety now, I cant drink and alcohol or it just makes my condition worst. No one believes me.

Any short terms users with permanent problems? Thanks for the read.

Edited by [mr...]
help

No one has responded but I can promise you that short term users with longer term issues exist.

I've seen people that took benzos for a month or less that have had issues out beyond a year or two.

You have the added complication that your benzo was off the street so you don't know exactly what benzo it was (might have been some research chemical benzo) or might have even been something else entirely.

So you're approaching year two?  Hopefully things will turn around for you soon.

• Like 3

I guess it depends what you call short term use.  I had only been on x I’d say for 3 months when I realized my body was super addicted to them and this wouldn’t be as easy as I thought to get off.   It took me 4 -5 months to taper off 1mg ish of Xanax and even that was too fast.  3 months of daily use to me is pretty short term.  I would have thought the withdrawal” from such a short term use might leave a person with some jitters maybe restless sleep. I was expecting a withdrawal similar to coffee wd. Lol wow was I in for a shock.  3 months of daily use and I had SEVERE akasthias from such short term use.  I mean severe akasthia the type where you see the people shuffling in their house unable to stop crying cause it hurts so bad.  That was me from a 3 month use.   I’m now 2 years out still have head pressure and pain.  Largely my life has gone back to normal now except I’m stuck with the head pressure and pain but I’m still kinda shocked such a short term use lead to such severe wd

Edited by [Jd...]

From start to taper a total of 6 months - 85 pills prescribed for sleep.  8 1/2 years later I suffer inhumanely.  I get hit with longer, severe setbacks than when I am not in a setback.  I have all the hellish symptoms as if I am withdrawing all over again.  I'm currently in a setback entering month 10.  My last setback was 18 months and I was only well barely 9 months in between the two setbacks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, [[N...] said:

From start to taper a total of 6 months - 85 pills prescribed for sleep.  8 1/2 years later I suffer inhumanely.  I get hit with longer, severe setbacks than when I am not in a setback.  I have all the hellish symptoms as if I am withdrawing all over again.  I'm currently in a setback entering month 10.  My last setback was 18 months and I was only well barely 9 months in between the two setbacks.

What symptoms do you have?.

I am in this situation because of literally 5-6 doses of a long-acting gabapentinoid, taken over a period of maybe 10-11 days.

So yeah, going on 8 years of suffering for something I took only five or six times ever. The math just doesn't make any sense, but here we are I guess. Sigh...

8 hours ago, [[N...] said:

8 1/2 years later I suffer inhumanely. 

Sounds like we're on a very similar timeline. I am coming up on 8 years in February 2024. I feel your pain.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, [[S...] said:

What symptoms do you have?.

The worst are...horrible mental torture - anhedonia, severe, severe depression, constant benzo flu, have to force feed everyday, internal tremors and severe weakness/fatigue, constant anxiety and depersonalization.  Crying jags have lifted and SI.  In between setbacks I am back to being me and enjoying life!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, [[v...] said:

I am in this situation because of literally 5-6 doses of a long-acting gabapentinoid, taken over a period of maybe 10-11 days.

So yeah, going on 8 years of suffering for something I took only five or six times ever. The math just doesn't make any sense, but here we are I guess. Sigh...

Sounds like we're on a very similar timeline. I am coming up on 8 years in February 2024. I feel your pain.

OMG!  Soooo insane and just not fair!!!!  I was given a benzo for sleeping issues and the first month after just 4 - 6 pills, I felt anxiety/jittery internally.  At the time, I was on a hormonal pellet and thought it was that and had no idea it was the benzo.

2 hours ago, [[N...] said:

The worst are...horrible mental torture - anhedonia, severe, severe depression, constant benzo flu, have to force feed everyday, internal tremors and severe weakness/fatigue, constant anxiety and depersonalization.  Crying jags have lifted and SI.  In between setbacks I am back to being me and enjoying life!

The anhedonia, cog-fog, and DP/DR are by far my most difficult symptoms. I used to love to read, I have a personal library of close to 1000 titles. It was my primary hobby. It has become far more difficult for me to read and remember what I read, and this is so problematic that I had to finally just give up on reading books. It's been almost 8 years... at this point I highly doubt I'll ever be able to sit down and read a book ever again. Crying as I write this just thinking about it.

If you're already back to enjoying life, even for brief periods, I think you're going to be alright.

• Like 1

I feel for you in the devastation!!! I'm so sorry!!  It is truly heartbreaking!! I think it's hard for us to remember reading or talk shows etc. because of all the other overwhelming symptoms.  I distract to talk shows and I can't remember what I heard.  I don't think I'm really taking it in.  It's just a distraction to get my mind off my injured body.

In my setbacks, I don't enjoy one single day ever! I can never feel joy or pleasure. It's not over 'til it's over at the very end.  Last setback was 18 months. In my notes in the 18th month, it says I'm starting to be able to eat and feel joy and pleasure.  I got to enjoy life for almost 9 months.  I really thought my last setback was it.  It's so scary what has happened to us. 

• Like 1

On 30/11/2023 at 19:39, [[v...] said:

almost 2 years of suffering for me, i get times of peace sometimes, I think its over. then im hit with new problems. Now i think i have tinnitus my right ear is always vibrating when  i breathe too deeply. also when i dont sleep a full night rest, the next day is like being in withdrawals all over again. I dont even know what am i going to do.

Ontop of the head pressure and headaches that reoccur constantly

im just thankful for the days i feel somewhat normal, those days are the days the keep me sane and stop the suicidal thoughts.

Edited by [mr...]

On 30/11/2023 at 10:08, [[J...] said:

I guess it depends what you call short term use.  I had only been on x I’d say for 3 months when I realized my body was super addicted to them and this wouldn’t be as easy as I thought to get off.   It took me 4 -5 months to taper off 1mg ish of Xanax and even that was too fast.  3 months of daily use to me is pretty short term.  I would have thought the withdrawal” from such a short term use might leave a person with some jitters maybe restless sleep. I was expecting a withdrawal similar to coffee wd. Lol wow was I in for a shock.  3 months of daily use and I had SEVERE akasthias from such short term use.  I mean severe akasthia the type where you see the people shuffling in their house unable to stop crying cause it hurts so bad.  That was me from a 3 month use.   I’m now 2 years out still have head pressure and pain.  Largely my life has gone back to normal now except I’m stuck with the head pressure and pain but I’m still kinda shocked such a short term use lead to such severe wd

i know the exact head pressure/ head pain ur talking about, it sucks so bad.... i have a doctors appointment on the 11th with a neurologist and im thinking about just canceling it because it seems doctors are clueless

yea if i would of done any amount of research and saw this drug could change you permanently i would of never done it. Truly a major fuck up on my part. I have always been against prescription drugs but curiosity got the best of me with benzos

On 07/12/2023 at 01:35, [[m...] said:

i know the exact head pressure/ head pain ur talking about, it sucks so bad.... i have a doctors appointment on the 11th with a neurologist and im thinking about just canceling it because it seems doctors are clueless

yea if i would of done any amount of research and saw this drug could change you permanently i would of never done it. Truly a major fuck up on my part. I have always been against prescription drugs but curiosity got the best of me with benzos

Doctors are in willful denial of the brain damage these drugs do. They deny it to protect their colleagues and themselves from lawsuits and/or criminal prosecution.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [[S...] said:

Doctors are in willful denial of the brain damage these drugs do. They deny it to protect their colleagues and themselves from lawsuits and/or criminal prosecution.

Yup thats exactly what it is, but I didnt receive the pills from a doctor i got mines off the street, so they would just think im a drug addict or junkie. Then when i ask for help they are like "youre just anxious or theres many other reasons" when im pretty sure. I never had any headaches or head problems or head/ eye sensations until after my little benzo episode.

22 minutes ago, [[m...] said:

Yup thats exactly what it is, but I didnt receive the pills from a doctor i got mines off the street, so they would just think im a drug addict or junkie. Then when i ask for help they are like "youre just anxious or theres many other reasons" when im pretty sure. I never had any headaches or head problems or head/ eye sensations until after my little benzo episode.

They make up every excuse in the book. All symptoms of the drug brain damage they caused are construed with symptoms of "mental illness". This is a great coverup for them.

• Like 1