Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Happy Thanksgiving

[kn...]

If you live in the US, happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  If not,  I hope you can find something to be thankful for and go celebrate it in whatever way you can.  Today, I'm glad that I can walk up and down the stairs.  I was also able to walk our dog for almost half an hour, even though breathing is hard and I had to use my cane.  So what.  I'm also  thankful for the results of my physical exam last week.  Even though I've felt like I was on death's doorstep lately, all my lab results came back normal. My provider assured me that there's nothing actually wrong with me other than a brainstorm of neural crap caused by benzo WD.  My new psychiatrist sent me a message stating that he was looking forward to our next appt. and that he's definitely up for switching me from pills to a liquid Rx for the rest of my taper.  Still at two mgs. of diazepam and hoping to finish this in the new year.  Best wishes folks, no matter what condition your condition is in.  

• Like 1

@[kn...] and @[An...], Happy Thanksgiving to you both! Having lived though a couple of rough holiday seasons in the past, I know how challenging these times can be. It’s wonderful you are both finding ways to be thankful, there will be wonderful Thanksgivings and other holidays to celebrate in your future.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/11/2023 at 11:02, [[k...] said:

If you live in the US, happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  If not,  I hope you can find something to be thankful for and go celebrate it in whatever way you can.  Today, I'm glad that I can walk up and down the stairs.  I was also able to walk our dog for almost half an hour, even though breathing is hard and I had to use my cane.  So what.  I'm also  thankful for the results of my physical exam last week.  Even though I've felt like I was on death's doorstep lately, all my lab results came back normal. My provider assured me that there's nothing actually wrong with me other than a brainstorm of neural crap caused by benzo WD.  My new psychiatrist sent me a message stating that he was looking forward to our next appt. and that he's definitely up for switching me from pills to a liquid Rx for the rest of my taper.  Still at two mgs. of diazepam and hoping to finish this in the new year.  Best wishes folks, no matter what condition your condition is in.  

Hi Knackered, I found this site after your thoughtful wishes. when you would use the stairs, would you get winded, or was it a heart issue as well? Glad to hear your lab results came back normal. I just went through similar lab results since I thought there were other health concerns. So far it seems to be CNS issues with benzos. Can relate so well. Are you only down to 2 mg of diazepam, and nothing more? Im looking for buddies who are on that, as I have no experience with any other meds (apart from many many moons ago I was placed on SSRI's and got off these- as I did not know how they might affect my concentration levels regarding exams!) Good thingI went with that gut feeling, whew.) I never truly trusted SSRI's and did not know  a THING about dangers of 'benzos'  ~Kay

Hi, thanks for your reply.  I see a cardiologist twice a year for check ups and have been diagnosed with a slight amount of cardiomyopathy years ago.  I monitor my bp and oxygen levels regularly.  Most folks here will report breathing  difficulties during WD.  I have checked my oxygen levels on days when I have breathing difficulties and it has always been normal.  At my Dr. appts it is always 97 or 98%.  I do take an SSRI to help with long standing OCD and anxiety problems.  It has never caused any difficulties and I continue to this day even with the bezos.  I am at 2mgs of diazepam and have just come back from an appt with my PC in regard to my next cut.  I'm going to hold at 2 for another month and then switch to the liquid Rx to complete the rest of this.  My concentration has never been effected by my SSRI, but it has really taken a nose dive with the benzo WD.  I'm finally starting to stabilize at 2mgs. but I'm really going to be cautious from here on out.  My last cut from 2.5 to 2 almost wiped me out and that was three months ago.  Best wishes with this stuff.  Mine started 2+ years ago and I'm not really in any hurry to finish it up.   

2 minutes ago, [[k...] said:

Hi, thanks for your reply.  I see a cardiologist twice a year for check ups and have been diagnosed with a slight amount of cardiomyopathy years ago.  I monitor my bp and oxygen levels regularly.  Most folks here will report breathing  difficulties during WD.  I have checked my oxygen levels on days when I have breathing difficulties and it has always been normal.  At my Dr. appts it is always 97 or 98%.  I do take an SSRI to help with long standing OCD and anxiety problems.  It has never caused any difficulties and I continue to this day even with the bezos.  I am at 2mgs of diazepam and have just come back from an appt with my PC in regard to my next cut.  I'm going to hold at 2 for another month and then switch to the liquid Rx to complete the rest of this.  My concentration has never been effected by my SSRI, but it has really taken a nose dive with the benzo WD.  I'm finally starting to stabilize at 2mgs. but I'm really going to be cautious from here on out.  My last cut from 2.5 to 2 almost wiped me out and that was three months ago.  Best wishes with this stuff.  Mine started 2+ years ago and I'm not really in any hurry to finish it up.   

I am also a little under 2 mgs @[kn...]. Best of luck my friend. I am holding until I complete my upcoming dental surgery. I am still a little fearful what will things be like when I finally stop again. I was doing pretty good but yesterday and today, there is an uptick in anxiety levels and SXs, no rhyme or reason that I can discern. Ugh...

I took a glimpse at your profile history. You have come down from 60 mgs of valium pretty fast. Kudos to you. When you transitioned from the klonopin and ativan to the 60 mgs of Valium, did it stabilize you immediately or did it take a while?

How long were you on the K and Ativan?

I was on K and ativan for about 12 years.  My previous prescriber allowed it.  He retired and my new one would not continue to prescribe.  I was able to stabilize almost immediately at the transition point.