Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Alone on Thanksgiving day

[Ch...]

I am alone and very depressed today. I have some very intrusive thoughts and no motivation for anything. I am tired of the years of suffering daily. The last 2 years have been atrocious. It was compounded by a benzo tolerance. Everything is happening all at once and too fast. 

• Like 1

I too am alone on Thanksgiving. No longer welcome around anyone do to brain fog and not being normal and withdrawal issues. I wish you a happy Thanksgiving. Intrusive thoughts are a nightmare. I wish you the best day you can have. I wish I could offer advice, however, I know all to well it's just a matter of enduring through the day and doing the best you can. But my heart goes out to you today. Very hard on Thanksgiving. Glad your able to reach out and I hope the benzo community supports your loneliness on this Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

You are not alone today. There are others going through very similar circumstances including myself. You must know that you matter, who you are matters and that this is just a phase of your life that will pass. It is maybe the hardest phase of your life, but it will pass. This is my mantra everyday.

Try to find some sunshine today. If you can't, imagine rays of the sun infusing your body with healing light. Tell yourself that you will be renewed by this effort. 

Enjoy what small moments happen for you today. Hug something or someone you care about very deeply.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

I am so isolated. Stay in my room Took everything to take a shower today. No shower since Tuesday 

That shower was a win for you. 

• Like 1

I am also alone in a lotta ways Chantal. I am not depressed but the no motivation to do much each day but the bare min. is still there. I have lost so much interest and enthusiasm for life. I feel old and tired. Riding the benzo rollercoaster for nearly 3 decades has certainly taken its toll. As I look back on my life, I made so many mistakes. I wish I could go back, keep the wisdom I have acquired over the years, and do my entire life over. Unfortunately, life does not work in reverse so I try to be as optimistic about the future years I have left on this planet as I can before my final exit.

4 hours ago, [[C...] said:

So sorry I posted on wrong forum. I want to wish you happy thanksgiving. 

I think your post is appropriate for this board. If not, one of the mods will simply move it to another board. Hang in there Chantal. You are welcome to PM me if you ever just want to vent your emotions.

• Like 1

I'm also isolated and alone today. No calls from family. I have no friends left. Unable to shower today. Lucky if I can shower twice a week. Just staying in bed feeling miserable and unloved. I feel your pain.

1 hour ago, [[A...] said:

I think your post is appropriate for this board. If not, one of the mods will simply move it to another board. Hang in there Chantal. You are welcome to PM me if you ever just want to vent your emotions.

Thank you. Was just a bad day for symptoms also. 

47 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I'm also isolated and alone today. No calls from family. I have no friends left. Unable to shower today. Lucky if I can shower twice a week. Just staying in bed feeling miserable and unloved. I feel your pain.

Do you have to work to survive?  I do. 

On 23/11/2023 at 16:41, [[C...] said:

Do you have to work to survive?  I do. 

No, I'm retired. I've tried volunteering but aren't able to be reliable or dependable. I admire your strength.