Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Seroquel

[Br...]

Hi I tried 25 mg of Seroquel for severe insomnia issues where I cannot feel sleepy or tired ever and only have dreaming sleep it is quite frankly driving me insane and it did nothing at all but make my body feel tingly for a little while. I am seeing this is low dose but then I’m also seeing this is supposed to knock people out? Any advice??? 

@[Br...]

Hi! Hope you’re doing okay. I just want to start off by saying I don’t have any first hand experience with Seroquel. However, I have spoken to people in this space that are trapped on it. I personally wouldn’t ever touch the stuff. Especially not for sleep issues (learned my lesson there with Xanax currently). Have you thought about less extreme alternatives? Also, what is your benzo history like? Are you still tapering or completely off? Stay strong!!

25mg probably won't knock you out.  I experimented around with Seroquel.  150mg definitely knocked me out but left me feeling groggy with lots of brain fog the next day.  I went as high as 200mg and then settled on 100mg,  I took that for about 10 days and got decent amounts of sleep for about 7 of those 10 days.  Instead of staying on Seroquel, I got freaked out when I learned about all of the possible side effects and that Seroquel is right up there with Chemotherapy drugs for possible side effects.  I'd increase your dose and see what sort of results you get.  It might take a week or two to figure out what dose works for you?  Peace!