Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  447 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Reactivated Epstein Bar Virus

[Ga...]

I just received my recent lab work which does show reactivated EBV, which test was negative last year but positive two years ago.  I guess this is what is causing me to have so many repeat UTI’s as well as keeping me in a protracted state.  Anyone else dealing with this, and, if so, how do you deal with it?

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone🦃🦃🦃🦃♥️♥️♥️♥️

GG

57 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

I just received my recent lab work which does show reactivated EBV, which test was negative last year but positive two years ago.  I guess this is what is causing me to have so many repeat UTI’s as well as keeping me in a protracted state.  Anyone else dealing with this, and, if so, how do you deal with it?

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone🦃🦃🦃🦃♥️♥️♥️♥️

GG

Hi Gardenguru

I have a lab work be done a year ago. EBV at that time was negative. But it was definitely active in my life before. But we could also see that the herpes virus simplex 1 was active… my naturopath treated me with microimmuntherapy. I had to take those globules for about 3 months. As the lab is very expensive I haven’t done another one. So I am not sure if the virus is still active…. ow yes he also prescribed me artimisia annua which has an antiviral effect. 

Good luck 🍀

Good Morning, Shamrock4, and thank you for weighing in.  At this point I am waiting on some clarification from my doctor, who initially told me he was not concerned about the EBV results, and said he thought they were elevated because I had a UTI which was treated with antibiotics.  I asked him which came first….the EBV reactivation or did the infection cause the reactivation.  I am awaiting his response.  Whatever comes of it I guess I will have to deal with it in some yet unknown way.

Here’s to a blessed Thanksgiving and a final healing for both of us in the near future!

GG

1 hour ago, [[G...] said:

Good Morning, Shamrock4, and thank you for weighing in.  At this point I am waiting on some clarification from my doctor, who initially told me he was not concerned about the EBV results, and said he thought they were elevated because I had a UTI which was treated with antibiotics.  I asked him which came first….the EBV reactivation or did the infection cause the reactivation.  I am awaiting his response.  Whatever comes of it I guess I will have to deal with it in some yet unknown way.

Here’s to a blessed Thanksgiving and a final healing for both of us in the near future!

GG

I guess you have already tried the D-Mannose!?

I too wish you a blessed Thanksgiving! 🍀

Hi Shamrock, yes, I have tried the D-Mannose, but my doctor wants me to try Uqora as a preventative three step plan.  It does get excellent reviews so it is worth a shot,   BTW, my doctor just sent me a note saying that my EBV shows a prior infection, not a reactivation of the virus!  So that is somewhat reassuring, and I will now try to relax and not worry so much.

Happy Healing,

GG

5 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

Hi Shamrock, yes, I have tried the D-Mannose, but my doctor wants me to try Uqora as a preventative three step plan.  It does get excellent reviews so it is worth a shot,   BTW, my doctor just sent me a note saying that my EBV shows a prior infection, not a reactivation of the virus!  So that is somewhat reassuring, and I will now try to relax and not worry so much.

Happy Healing,

GG

I am glad the EBV is not reactive!

Good healing 🍀