Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Seroquel

[Br...]

Hi I cannot cope with the total insomnia I have been experiencing. I was looking for peoples experiences with low dose seroquel? i really do not want to take meds but for me personally i don’t think i can tough this out. I am also so desperate I am considering ambien. Trazodone does nothing. 

I advise against Ambien or any z-drug. Ambien causes intense fear, dark thoughts, and no restorative rest. Plus, it is difficult to taper. Trazadone may provide some relief for insomnia. Hydroxyzine also works well but is intended for short-term use only. Have you tried Unisom? I hope you get some good rest tonight. Insomnia is a bear.

3 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Hi I cannot cope with the total insomnia I have been experiencing. I was looking for peoples experiences with low dose seroquel? i really do not want to take meds but for me personally i don’t think i can tough this out. I am also so desperate I am considering ambien. Trazodone does nothing. 

Sorry you're going through this. Ambien is a Z drug which are benzos in disguise. Ask yourself this question, would you take Temazepam? If not then stay away from Ambien as well. Seroquel is an antipsychotic which is bad news. You don't want to take antipsychotics except as a last resort. The reason Seroquel is tragically given for sleep off-label is its antihistamine properties. Ask your doctor about some antihistamine like Diphenhydramine or Hydroxyzine or even a sedating antidepressant like Amitriptyline or Doxepin which behave as antihistamines at low enough doses.  Here's a quote from Ashton that always gave me hope: "However, poor sleepers can be reassured that an adequate sleep pattern does return at last. There are powerful natural mechanisms in the body which ensure that the brain does not become severely sleep-deprived.

1 hour ago, [[B...] said:

@[ou...] only three doses of temazepam is what got me here benadryl and hydroxizine do nothing for me 

I don't have experience with injury from such short term use. 2 things I'm certain of. First, I'd definitely try a sedating antidepressant before Seroquel. Second, if your sleep problem is caused by benzos, it will definitely resolve even without taking anything. There was a time I was sleeping max 4h waking every hour for months and now I sleep 8h uninterrupted!

Edited by [ou...]

5 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

@[ou...] i think it was the interactions between the supplements i would probably be okay if i didn’t do that i dont have a lot of hope for me 

You're probably feeling this way from lack of sleep. Hope and patience are the 2 most valuable resources in this journey. It's way too soon to give them up.

@[ou...] i just feel like a lot of people never did what i did i took a lot of things and i just didn’t think anything of it and looking back it was so stupid of me to do that while i had pharmaceuticals in my system 

As others have said, I would advise against the Ambien.  Zolpidem (Ambien) is a z-drug that operates in the same way a benzo does. It has all the downsides and issues with tolerances and withdrawal. You'd be out of the frying pan and into the fire I'm afraid. In fact there's a good chance it would just continue the damage you've suffered from the Temazepam.

You could try something natural like Valerian or Hops. Unfortunately there tends to be no easy solution to insomnia but time.

It's brutal I know.

I agree with Nathan Arizona, Ambien is just a "Benzo in disguise" and can cause the same symptoms and withdrawal experience as Benzos.  Alohafromhawaii had a pretty brutal withdrawal/insomnia experience after coming off of Ambien.  I'd avoid it the same way you'd avoid rat poison!