Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Please help with Clon titration schedule

[Ki...]

I'd really like some help titrating my noon dose of Clonazepam.    I'm taking .125 (Clonazepam wafer) and would like to titrate over 125 days.  I have a 50 ml graduated cylinder.

Thanks!

Kip

Hi Kip:

I have written up your schedule for a 100 day titration to keep the math simple.  If you want to extend it, you can hold a day here and there.  Because you are using a 50ml cylinder, you will need to reduce 1ml every other day.

So if I understand correctly, you wish to titrate .125 mg.  Here is a schedule for a 1% daily reduction based on your .125mg dose.  The following titration plan will take you about 100 days to complete, but you can easily slow things down at any point.  See how you feel and adjust accordingly.  Please review the plan with your doctor.

Everyday, you will dissolve and titrate one .125mg. wafer. 

Dissolve (.125mg) and mix it thoroughly with 50ml (cc) liquid.  Each day, you will start with this original mixture (.125mg in 50ml liquid).  Each day you will cumulatively remove and discard 1ml from this mixture immediately upon mixing vigorously in the manner described below.

So....

Days 1 and 2: make your original mixture and remove 1ml.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses (if necessary).

Days 3 and 4: make your original mixture and remove 2mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

Days 5 and 6: make your original mixture and remove 3mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

Days 7 and 8: make your original mixture and remove 4mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

Days 9 and 10: make your original mixture and remove 5mls.  Divide the remaining into your daily doses.

...and so on.

Make sure to keep a log of your cuts so you don't lose track.  You may wish to split your dose into two or more daily doses.  If you do so, we recommend you space your doses as evenly as possible.  You can keep unused doses in covered glasses in the fridge for up to 3 days.  Your taper can easily be adjusted.  If you find you are doing well, you can speed it up by increasing your daily cuts to 2ml.  Conversely, you can always slow it down by removing 1ml every third day.  Just play it by ear.  A 5ml baby dropper, available at most drug stores may be helpful.  A 3ml plastic pipette is also helpful.  I hope things go well for you.

Draftsman