Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

3 months out....waves

I do believe that my windows are getting longer and my waves are getting shorter and less intense, but I am still plagued with the burning question if I will feel great for an extended period of time again.  I just completed my 3 full months off Clonazepam and have still been bothered mostly by anxiety (especially in the morning) and head pressure/sensations.  I wouldn't say that the morning anxiety is extreme by any means, but just really uncomfortable.  Its like I am confused upon waking up.  Its hard to describe.  Mostly the confusion stems from pressure sensations in my sinus cavity.  I have a fullness that starts behind my eyes and goes around my head just above my ears and down the back of my neck.  If that makes sense...  At night time it is hardly noticeable and gets better as the day progresses, but upon waking up it is extremely distressful.  I try and tell myself to just accept it, but for some reason it is difficult for me to comprehend in the morning time.  I am functional, but gosh I want more.  I want to enjoy mornings again.  I want to wake up feeling refreshed and stop doing the symptom scans as soon as I wake...  I have implemented some morning techniques which have helped, just ready for it to end.  Does my symptoms make sense for the length of time I have been off?

Yes they make total sense my friend,

I've been off a month and a half longer, and even though I don't have the same symptoms as you, I'm still having the same ones come back 10 fold, as well as other ones that are new to me.

Glad to hear our having windows though, hopefully more are coming your way soon  ;).

I am functional, but gosh I want more. 

I hear ya. I'm 6 months off and I feel waaaay better than I did a couple of months ago but it is frustrating when I still try to make a point to someone and lose my train of thought mid sentence, or when I try to concentrate on something for work and have to put it down and watch tv because I can't focus. These are some nasty drugs that's for sure. I have to wonder how many people out there, even if they don't experience severe WD symptoms or side effects still suffer from a reduced quality of life because of the drug. It seems very plausible that some folks might not suffer in the way we have but nevertheless might experience reduced function and not even be aware of it.

Hi Natron - I'm 10 weeks and the morning anxiety seems to be my only s/x for the last two weeks.  It is extremely uncomfortable some days and mild others.  My windows are getting longer and more frequent.  They don't seem as good as my early ones because, I think, that I was so sick by comparison when the earlier ones came.  Make sense?  Bill

Hi Natron,

The way you deskcribed the head sensations, even down to the "behind the eyes" feeling! YES thats me!!! It's really my last WD symptom...

I feel groggy , almost high but not in a good way! Just out of it when it hits, but I have noticed my windows are much better , so we just have to hang in there until this goes away.

lu

Thanks for the replies.  I am really not trying to complain, because I know I have gotten a lot better.  I'm just ready for this journey to be over.  Can't rush time though, no matter what you try and do.  I know the head symptoms have to be withdrawal because I have never had them in my life.  The anxiety is something I have to work on but I feel confident about beating it myself as well. 

Thanks for the replies.  I am really not trying to complain, because I know I have gotten a lot better.  I'm just ready for this journey to be over.  Can't rush time though, no matter what you try and do.  I know the head symptoms have to be withdrawal because I have never had them in my life.  The anxiety is something I have to work on but I feel confident about beating it myself as well. 

I hear ya man. It's tough to be patient when you start to look back at the whole experience and realize how much it has taken from you and how long it has been since you have functioned as a normal person.

Even when you see others suffering it's hard to be thankful of your progress if it isn't completely over. I would almost be brave enough to claim that I am 75% healed, but even if I am only missing out on 25% of being the person I should be that's still a LOT.

Jealous of all y'all cuz you're doing WAY better than me!  Still couch bound!  But love to hear your good news! 

God bless and love ya

Mary

Mary you deserve it and you will get there.  You are keeping the faith which I believe is key in recovery.

I'm kinda in the same place as you but different Benzos. I've had the morning anxiety for the past month but it seems to be going away in the past week or two. I'm not sure if this is a cruel benzo joke or if things are starting to get better. Time will tell I guess.

Im 3 months out and have the same thing. My anxiety is terrible in the morning and I have terrible pressure in my head and around my eyes. There for a few weeks I felt like a million bucks not one symptom but a little fatigue and then it was like the withdrawal new it gave me a break and hit me again with several symptoms. Looking forward to the next few months hoping they come and go and finally just goooooooo!!!!

I'm 6+ weeks off Lorazepam and I've felt bad every morning over the past month (depression and anxiety).  It has gotten so bad that sometimes I start worrying about the upcoming morning just before going to sleep.  I'd say your symptoms are quite common, unfortunately.

You totally described my s/x.  I get axiety in morning which fades after been up for several hours.  The nasal stuffiness and pressure around my eyes is the pits.