Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Open Group  ·  447 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Paxlovid

[Sh...]

Everybody responds differently to medication both prescription and over the counter.     I do not have any experience taking Paxlovid.    Are you taking it currently?

I took plaxlovid after testing positive for covid after a vacation this past summer. It leaves a very nasty taste in your mouth but that is the only negative issue that I experienced. I’m glad I took it because I was symptom free in 3-4 days.

I wouldn’t take Paxlovid now.  Covid is so weak it just doesn’t have that punch it used to.   I literally don’t even wear a mask anymore in patients rooms when I know they are Covid positive.   I’ve had it now twice and it’s nothing. I have 3 patients right now all in their 80s and 90s one has cancer and all 3 are pissed they are quarantined all bitching cause they feel fine.  Covid now is not the Covid of 2021

Edited by [Jd...]

15 hours ago, [[J...] said:

I wouldn’t take Paxlovid now.  Covid is so weak it just doesn’t have that punch it used to.   I literally don’t even wear a mask anymore in patients rooms when I know they are Covid positive.   I’ve had it now twice and it’s nothing. I have 3 patients right now all in their 80s and 90s one has cancer and all 3 are pissed they are quarantined all bitching cause they feel fine.  Covid now is not the Covid of 2021

No it is not the same covid, but it can still be very dangerous for some people. There are more than few states that are having large increases in hospitalizations due to people suffering from severe covid. 

I can only tell you what my experience is.    I work in a nursing home and our last outbreak of the flu put 6 people in the hospital and killed 2 people.   The last outbreak of Covid. Not one person even needed oxygen.  I am overweight have diabetes and also going through this crap withdrawal. And I worked the entire time I had Covid back in august. I had just come back from vacation and didn’t wanna use more pto so I wore a mask with Covid and worked 12 hours per day.   Not an exaggeration had a 90 year old patient dying of cancer and he was fine too.   Covid is weaker than the flu now.  

My doc prescribed Paxlovid last Aug when I tested positive to covid. I was so sick and had planned on taking it..but then decided not to because I'm so sensitive to meds now.  

Everyone is so different and at different stages in healing. 

I wish you the best at whatever you decide.