Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Discord server not for this site but just to make general friends with peers (no judgment whether youre tapering or not)

[ra...]

Hi i created a discord chat server. I see that in the past people have tried but admin says it breaks the rules of anonymity. Well thats why the discord server is not for this site but for just making friends or getting social for people who are peers in mental health. Its not connected to benzobuddies and theres no judgment whether a person wants to stay on medication or not. Its just so that when somebody asks me how many friends i have i can say more than 0. Friends that get it. Theres no need to share any personal information and its discouraged to claim from any website. Im not posting a link because i dont know if its ok so ill need admin to weigh in on this if this sounds ok to post. 

Edited by [ra...]

Hello @[ra...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Thank you for the offer, but we now have our own chat room.

Thank you for being upfront about why you are here - it makes a refreshing change.

In the past, there were some very significant abuses of personal information, stalking activities, etc., at other websites who would try to appeal to our members. For these reasons, we will not be changing our policy. I hope you understand.

2 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Thank you for being upfront about why you are here - it makes a refreshing change.

In the past, there were some very significant abuses of personal information, stalking activities, etc., at other websites who would try to appeal to our members. For these reasons, we will not be changing our policy. I hope you understand.

Yes i understand. Where is the chat room? I want to participate. 

Edit: nvm i found it. 

Edited by [ra...]

2 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Im also not here for that purpose. Im here to participate in benzobuddies as im getting off medication. I am a peer

15 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

@[ra...] Ah. In that case, welcome aboard. If you let us know a bit about yourself and your situation, we will try our best to help you.

I was on terrible zyprexa for 6 years worst thing ever. Switched to invega injections for 6 months. Trying holistic ways to handle things now. 

• Like 1

Have you ever been on benzos @[ra...]? I know very little about the APs. Were you Rx'd APs (off-label) for anxiety?

Welcome aboard the BB train my friend. I always remain anonymous anywhere I go on the internet. I have tried Reddit, Discord, and some of the FB groups but none of them compare to BB IMO. I really like this forum and the environment that Colin and his mods have created here. I hate most of the FB benzo support groups. They are not very helpful IMHO. Benzobuddies is still the gold standard forum when it comes to benzodiazepine w/d support and information. There have been times when I stopped actively posting due to internet burnout but I always come to BB to read, even when I don't feel like posting. If this forum ever goes away, I will probably stop participating in  benzo w/d support groups at other places on the internet.

2 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Have you ever been on benzos @[ra...]? I know very little about the APs. Were you Rx'd APs (off-label) for anxiety?

Welcome aboard the BB train my friend. I always remain anonymous anywhere I go on the internet. I have tried Reddit, Discord, and some of the FB groups but none of them compare to BB IMO. I really like this forum and the environment that Colin and his mods have created here. I hate most of the FB benzo support groups. They are not very helpful IMHO. Benzobuddies is still the gold standard forum when it comes to benzodiazepine w/d support and information. There have been times when I stopped actively posting due to internet burnout but I always come to BB to read, even when I don't feel like posting. If this forum ever goes away, I will probably stop participating in  benzo w/d support groups at other places on the internet.

Zyprexa is a thesiobenzo

19 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

Zyprexa is a thesiobenzo

But with low affinity for GABA receptors. This does not mean it is not relevant of course.

7 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

But with low affinity for GABA receptors. This does not mean it is not relevant of course.

All i know is i was in trouble on it. Im on invega now. 

Isnt zyprexa a benzo? Im not sure what qualifies as a real benzo or something. 

Edited by [ra...]

25 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

All i know is i was in trouble on it. Im on invega now. 

Isnt zyprexa a benzo? Im not sure what qualifies as a real benzo or something. 

No, not a benzodiazepine. Nor is it part of the similar-acting, but chemically distinct group of z-drugs. But it does have a small effect upon GABA receptors.

1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

No, not a benzodiazepine. Nor is it part of the similar-acting, but chemically distinct group of z-drugs. But it does have a small effect upon GABA receptors.

I read it was made by a benzodiazapine ring and a thesio ring fused so they called it a theziobenzodizapine. Wikipedia information i guess. 

I could be wrong but that is what i recall understanding when i read it though i was highly drugged up at the time. 

Edited by [ra...]

just a google search the first thing that popped up: 

"

• Olanzapine (Zyprexa) Olanzapine is a thienobenzodiazepine structurally similar to clozapine that received FDA approval in 1997 and in 2004 was approved for the long-term treatment of bipolar disorder." 

A thienobenzodiazepine is not a benzo? just curious :) 

@[ra...], how do you plan on tapering the AP?  What medical reason were you taking it for? How long have you been on the AP and why do you want stop taking it? How many mgs are you taking daily?

Have you ever taken a benzo like Ativan, Valium, Klonopin, or Xanax?

1 hour ago, [[[...] said:

@[ra...], how do you plan on tapering the AP?  What medical reason were you taking it for? How long have you been on the AP and why do you want stop taking it? How many mgs are you taking daily?

Have you ever taken a benzo like Ativan, Valium, Klonopin, or Xanax?

Ive had ativan and klonopin before. Im 6 months off zyprexa and ive had 6 months of Invega shots now with 25-48 half lifes for each shot. 

I "switched" from zyprexa pills to invega shots essentially cold turkeying zyprexa. The invega caused me some side effects and i ended up taking one 1.5 pill and felt awful but i since figured out a way to not feel the withdrawal. So as of now im doing fine in regard to pills. 

I was on zyprexa for 6 years

Edited by [ra...]

I don't really want to talk about drug history or medications but I have taken Ativan before but not on a regular basis and I have been on Klonopin on a regular basis before. 

I'm already getting all the help I need with tapering. Was just looking for a community of people to socialize with. 

Edited by [ra...]