Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Intro

[ml...]

I stumbled upon this website searching for answers to my xanax withdrawl problems hoping that I will find others going through the same things I am experiencing. I have been on 1mg tablets for close to 2 years now due to some anxiety issues.

[62...]

mlouise,

Welcoming you to BenzoBuddies.

You will find plenty of support here. If you have any questions, just ask.

Sigma.

Mlouise,

How are you feeling?  Are you feeling withdrawal symptoms at your current dose or have you begun to reduce?

There are many here who are going through the same thing, me included.

Please give us some more information about where you are today.  You will find overwhelming support here.

Warmest regards,

Kelly

Hi mlouise,

I'm sorry you're having problems right now, this can be a nasty drug, we know how you feel. What kind of symptoms are you having? Let us know how we can help you.

Welcome to BenzoBuddies :)

I have been off of meds completely for almost 2 months now. Some of the symptoms I have been having are dizziness and night terror type panic attacks (which are awful), insomnia, etc. Thanks to all that responded.

Hello mlouise,

Congratulations on being benzo free, I'll bet you wish that meant symptom free as well.  :(  Two months is still pretty early in recovery, what was your taper like, did you take it slow?

Pam

I just stopped. Maybe that was a mistake but I wanted to just get rid of them out of my life. How long do the withdrawl symptoms last?

I cold turkey'd too, unfortunately the withdrawals can last for months but it depends on your system. How much xanax did you take?

That's a pretty big dose to just stop, I would imagine your withdrawal symptoms are pretty harsh, I quit cold turkey too.  This is likely to last several months I'm afraid, but you will heal eventually.  Have you seen the Ashton manual, chapter 3 lists our withdrawal symptoms and why we feel them.  http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/