Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Must watch on YT! Finally someone bringing awareness to our issues

[Ka...]

@[Ka...] There are more Professionals out there, the most prominent and whom I trust the most is Dr. J. W-D. on YT. He has very useful tips too. Without him I would have way less hope. Hope many more will follow. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/11/2023 at 06:44, [[K...] said:

Moderators, I wasn't sure where to post this, so if it needs to be moved please do. 

39 minutes in the speaker refers to psychotropic drugs are what all (many?) of the mass shooters have in common. Ugh. Do concur, there is nothing being done to address the distribution and use of "SSRI's" these are psychotropics, whatever these are referred to, they are causing horrific problems, and are clearly dangerous. 🤨

• Like 2

I agree @[Ka...], as I see they not only numb negative emotions like depression and anxiety, but block guilt and normal inhibitions. Not to mention I have come across some very varied reactions to them. They have their place, but are definitely not tic-tacs as many view them....

28 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

I agree @[Ka...], as I see they not only numb negative emotions like depression and anxiety, but block guilt and normal inhibitions. Not to mention I have come across some very varied reactions to them. They have their place, but are definitely not tic-tacs as many view them....

Im wondering what level of psych-pharmacological education the prescribers are receiving for this issue. It is obviously beyond pressing.  Anyone else want to begin hearing from medical paractioners they way we had heard from the likes of Dr Ashton, at this point? (And I mean ones who are following the discrepancies discussed here)

Edited by [Ka...]
  • Like 1

I think it is not /necessarily/ their fault, there are many factors that play a role here. We each have to take our part, and raise awareness after we recover. 

Many many things have already changed in a very positive way, see the organisations, the movies, internet, youtube etc. 

It is, however, going to take decades to change the view of the medical community...

Jennifer Swantowski had a YT video about this, maybe it was called "doing our part in benzo wd" or something similar to this, but I dont seem to find it.

Edited by [Re...]

Well pointed out. It traces back to the designers of these drugs, and discovering what the motive, agendas were at the time. Was it greed? To aid humanity in some way? The video you refer to , if I come across it I could let you know if you like.

These were psycho-tropics, as they are also referred to developed in the early or mid 1960s according to research. And we are so far from that time, the further we get the tougher it is to find out. But we can work with the here and now. I hope and pray that all medical practioners, globally, going forward, are made aware of the dangers.

@[Ka...] you have started a worthy discussion, thank you for posting your find. 👌

All I can say atm, is this discussion and loads others are sure helping the neural pathways - in their newfound paths😊

• Like 1

@[Ka...] Please let me know if you find the video, or is it only my mind playing tricks... 

You have a valid point about the here and now and I usually keep myself away from "theories". But I am certain it is long known, and has been researched. But I will stop here. 

Once I put my things together I will most certainly want to take active part in this cause. Maybe this happened for a reason... Who knows... But first I really need to move a step forward from the picture of an "unemployed 30 something guy who is acting really shy and goes to Cafés in town" (i do exposure)... 

• Like 1